Home

The ai can't punt in the wind.....

This is a discussion on The ai can't punt in the wind..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The ai can't punt in the wind.....

The issue with punting and the cpu being automatic with field goals, makes this game completely unplayable now. Can't do a cfm with all of the special team issue. They don't care I'm sure and neither do you but I'm done with this game now cause of these issues. Will trade it in and will NOT be purchasing another madden game nor will I believe the hype pre release next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #42
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Post patch I am seeing the AI line drive these 25 yard line drive knucklers into the wind. So that might be the fix they came up with for the sky punt fiasco. Not the best solution but better than having the AI bicycle kick the punts for negative yardage.

The wind still hampers kickoff logic and punts with the wind at their backs. The AI seems disconnected from the wind other than line driving it when into the wind.

And now that they have made FGs automatic, the special teams are really just a mess.

Really takes away from the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
The issue with punting and the cpu being automatic with field goals, makes this game completely unplayable now. Can't do a cfm with all of the special team issue. They don't care I'm sure and neither do you but I'm done with this game now cause of these issues. Will trade it in and will NOT be purchasing another madden game nor will I believe the hype pre release next year
Are you guys seeing this in a CFM that existed before the patch? Do you change your kick power or punt power sliders at all?

When I'm home from work I'm going to try erasing everything (I'll lose my CFM which sucks) and reinstalling the game and patches.

I'm kind of pissed because punting was fine for me right up until this patch.

For some reason it is only affecting a few people (I'm one of them unfortunately) and I don't understand why.

Most people here don't care since it's not affecting them, and I've tweeted the Dev's several times now with videos of it and everything... but they are ingoring me I guess.

It's sucks this game is screwed up big time, only way to avoid it for me is to super sim every single kickoff or punt where the CPU is facing the wind. If I don't, I end up mid field for tons of easy scoring since the CPU only does these super short line punts for 20-25 yards. Totally ruins the game, the challenge is gone.

If you don't have this glitch I hope you're enjoying that you can still play Madden.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

It's been affecting me since day 1 in CFM.

If they just tuned the damn wind this might not be an issue. Wind has been so borked going on 4 or 5 years now.

Haven't tested whether the patch fixed it, but I've generally stopped playing special teams and just use the sim feature. But what's horrible about that is that the retooled special teams was a back-of the-box feature for this year, and now it's basically unplayable in CFM mode.

No surprise there though, the wind has made special teams completely broken for years, with 80+ yard punts when you have the wind, and 20 yard punts when you're kicking into the wind. It's ridiculous that it's never been tuned. I'd honestly wish they just let you control the weather and turn off the wind completely, because I'd do that... I'd rather have no wind than this ridiculous over-the-top wind going on 4 years.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #44
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

I did a bunch last night from my own End Zone and it didn't even leave the screen it almost looked like a Hail Mary pass the punt returner caught it on the 50-yard line returned to the 35 already in field goal range mind you this was in overtime next person to score wins and then they ended up rushing right up the middle for a 20-yard touchdown to end the game but that punt threw me off a little yes I got tired of the punch that went like 80 yards haha but I was like of all time to do a short punt they do it down
Old 10-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #45
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

So I just erased everything and re-installed the game, and the CPU STILL does those line drive punts whenever they have to punt into the wind.

I lost my CFM trying to reinstall everything hopefully it would fix it, but the patch has still ruined the game for me. It wasn't like this for me before the patch.

I don't understand why it's like this and how almost NO ONE else is having this issue... this is total BS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #46
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I don't understand why it's like this and how almost NO ONE else is having this issue... this is total BS
I think it's happening to others it's just a bit hard to notice and it can vary. I had it happen on my first punt post-patch and then didn't have it happen for three games simply because the CPU never punted into the wind. But I had it happen twice in my last game but even then it wasn't super obvious so I'd imagine a lot of people don't even notice it happening.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #47
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it's happening to others it's just a bit hard to notice and it can vary. I had it happen on my first punt post-patch and then didn't have it happen for three games simply because the CPU never punted into the wind. But I had it happen twice in my last game but even then it wasn't super obvious so I'd imagine a lot of people don't even notice it happening.
I guess, but I play as the Pats so I do a lot of out door games, and when it's windy this ruins the game.

I mean it's really bad, I'm ending up at the 50yd or even closer. How in the world could this have made it through the patch QA? In these same games my guy punts into the wind just fine, it's only the CPU kicker. It's something to do with the way they're programmed to angle into the wind. It's so stupid.

I'm literally going to have to have to super sim kickoffs (which are also short) and punts in any windy games.

This must drive people nuts who use Seattle, NE, or like Chicago or something.

How do I uninstall the patch?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #48
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

John White and Clint responded to my tweets about the CPU punting issue.

He said they are looking into it.

So at least they acknowledged it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »