Home

The ai can't punt in the wind.....

This is a discussion on The ai can't punt in the wind..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 12:57 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: The ai can't punt in the wind.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I guess, but I play as the Pats so I do a lot of out door games, and when it's windy this ruins the game.

I mean it's really bad, I'm ending up at the 50yd or even closer. How in the world could this have made it through the patch QA? In these same games my guy punts into the wind just fine, it's only the CPU kicker. It's something to do with the way they're programmed to angle into the wind. It's so stupid.

I'm literally going to have to have to super sim kickoffs (which are also short) and punts in any windy games.

This must drive people nuts who use Seattle, NE, or like Chicago or something.

How do I uninstall the patch?
If your punter punts good against the wind, You must be doing the punting. If you are playing CPU vs. CPU, or POTM who ever is facing against the wind will experience the line drive punt. My punter punts OK against the wind as long as I am punting him, But if I let the CPU punt for me, He will kick the line drive kick. When the teams switch sides, the CPU punter punts fine. To battle this bug until it is fixed. I have set the punt power up to 100 in the sliders and I edit the CPU punters Kick power rating to 99.. When I have the ball with the wind I do about a half kick. This is not a cure all, but at least every other QT the CPU will punt a little farther and I am not getting the ball mid field when he is against the wind, The only down fall, is he will boot it out of the end-zone every time when he has the wind. But for now it's a fair trade off. Until patched.

Tks for letting us know about the Tweet, Hopefully they will fix it fast.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #50
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The ai can't punt in the wind.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
If your punter punts good against the wind, You must be doing the punting. If you are playing CPU vs. CPU, or POTM who ever is facing against the wind will experience the line drive punt. My punter punts OK against the wind as long as I am punting him, But if I let the CPU punt for me, He will kick the line drive kick. When the teams switch sides, the CPU punter punts fine. To battle this bug until it is fixed. I have set the punt power up to 100 in the sliders and I edit the CPU punters Kick power rating to 99.. When I have the ball with the wind I do about a half kick. This is not a cure all, but at least every other QT the CPU will punt a little farther and I am not getting the ball mid field when he is against the wind, The only down fall, is he will boot it out of the end-zone every time when he has the wind. But for now it's a fair trade off. Until patched.

Tks for letting us know about the Tweet, Hopefully they will fix it fast.
Thats correct, when I am punting with my punter facing the wind I can punt no problem.

If the CPU controls my punter for me facing into the wind the glitch happens. If the CPU controls a punter for the CPU team facing the wind, same thing, the low angle line drive punt happens.

It is definitely due to CPU controlled punters CHOOSING the lowest angle possible for some reason when facing windy conditions. When the CPU punter has the wind at their back, or it's a dome game, or there is low/no wind, they punt with a normal trajectory and everything is fine. But the second a CPU controlled punter needs to punt into wind they choose that low angle and kick a stupidly short punt.

I still can't believe this got through QA. They worked on that patch for a whole month! No one noticed??

For now I'm just super simming whenever the CPU team is punting/kicking into any kind of wind. It's pisses me off because I LOVE doing returns.

I really hope they can fix this quickly with a tuner very soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »