Home

Is it just me, or do the sliders not work?

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or do the sliders not work? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Specifically the QB Accuracy CPU slider. Going up against Drew Brees using the Seahawks defense... he's only missed two attempts out of the 13 he's attempted. Has 2 TD's... one of those two missed attempts was an interception. Pulled the slider all the way back to 23 and he still was throwing passes on the money, not a single errant pass.

I'm not gonna make a big deal about it since it's Drew Brees, but this has been the case in all of the games that I've played so far against various levels of QB quality. The only thing that changes is the amount of turnovers that occur from the QB position. It's either a interception/fumble, or the passes are right on the money.

Last edited by jWILL253; 09-26-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is it just me, or do the sliders not work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Specifically the QB Accuracy CPU slider. Going up against Drew Brees using the Seahawks defense... she's only missed two attempts out of the 13 he's attempted. Has 2 TD's... one of those two missed attempts was an interception. Pulled the slider all the way back to 23 and he still was throwing passes on the money, not a single errant pass.

I'm not gonna make a big deal about it since it's Drew Brees, but this has been the case in all of the games that I've played so far against various levels of QB quality. The only thing that changes is the amount of turnovers that occur from the QB position. It's either a interception/fumble, or the passes are right on the money.
QB Accuracy slider is something that EA never got it right. For User QB accuracy, currently placing it on 10 or 50 it`s almost the same. You will start to notice a difference with from 10 and below. This for user.

For CPU i did`t even bother because there are games were the CPU will have a high amount of % and other where they are going to be low.

I will never understand why it`s so hard to make sliders more effective. We have a 0-100 scale range. If sliders work as they should, we should be able to tune the game play to our own liking without any issues.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I use QBA at 5

It's the only way I can see a few off target throws as the USER

For the CPU it's the opposite they tend to play pretty close to ratings on lower level so even with QBA at 70 I still get to see them miss fire occasionally and they complete about 55-65% of their attempts

The real culprit with the sliders is the Human slider itself in terms of accuracy EA has never got this right IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

CPU QB accuracy has always been a problem with sliders.

From my experience the sliders seems mostly ineffective until the threshold, but once it reaches the threshold it is like a on/off switch or something. Dropping the slider below the threshold results in the AI QB becoming autistic along with poor accuracy.

Having that slider at 15 seems to be the magic number that allows for a few poor throws while still allowing the QB to function properly. I tested lowering it to 12 and it resulted in captain checkdown, take sacks, throw outbounds type of QB.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Specifically the QB Accuracy CPU slider. Going up against Drew Brees using the Seahawks defense... she's only missed two attempts out of the 13 he's attempted. Has 2 TD's... one of those two missed attempts was an interception. Pulled the slider all the way back to 23 and he still was throwing passes on the money, not a single errant pass.

Lower to 5 or 6 and you will see a difference. I use 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 08:18 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Lower to 5 or 6 and you will see a difference. I use 6

All pro or all madden? 6 for CPU or user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

All Madden and both

Old 09-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I'll try to play with the sliders a bit more as I go along. I lowered the slider to 0 after that post, and he went from Drew Brees to Ryan Leaf in an instant.

Now another issue I have: Is there a slider fix for the constant dropped passes due to contact? I've noticed that contact after the catch is a bit too effective and results in a lot of dropped catches. Once again, this is against the Saints... who honestly should be nowhere near able to affect the offense in general, let alone be able to force so many dropped passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »