Home

That time of year! (Please Read - Regarding Bans)

This is a discussion on That time of year! (Please Read - Regarding Bans) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
That time of year! (Please Read - Regarding Bans)

Well, anyone that knows the title of this thread and the fact that it is stickied knows what is next:

Starting 8/3/16 at 7 AM EST and extending indefinitely - permanent bans will be in effect for the Madden forum and will be happening at a much swifter pace than the other forums. What does this mean to you? A couple of guidleines to follow:

Constructive Criticism - I want you to have your opinion, positive or negative. I want you to voice your opinion, positive or negative. But when said opinion goes from 'This is what I think, this is why I think it, respect' to 'This is what I think, go **** yourself and the devs are garbage/lazy' that's when you get banned. And yes - first time offense is a permanent ban.

Thread Hijacking - This is a new one we're going to deal with, but a very important one. If there is a thread that is going well and you decide it's time to derail it because you believe the more you post the more your voice is heard, you will be banned. Be respectful of other people - if there is a conversation going on about franchise mode and you decide "Yeah, but think how much better it would be if they didn't waste their time in Ultimate Team" - you guessed it: Ban. You will have plenty of opportunity to voice your concerns, but do it in the right spot.

Agenda Posting - Hot topic these days, but what is agenda posting? Let's start with the definition of agenda in the way that I am using it: an underlying often ideological plan or program. That means that your posts always point to the same idea - but you are trying to push it covertly. Example: You hate XP in franchise mode (which is a fine opinion to have). You go to every thread you see the word 'franchise' or 'CFM' in and immediately start bashing franchise hoping someone asks you about the XP system. This goes hand in hand with Thread Hijacking, but some people like to believe they are slick and we can't see what they are doing. We've been doing this a long time, we know, both guys defending and attacking the game.

Just don't be a jerk - I'm going to level with everyone. I want everyone's voice to be heard. I tell this to guys all the time - there is so much untapped talent when it comes to creativity and feedback in this forum. It just keeps getting blocked by hate from both sides of the fence. Be receptive to ideas that aren't your own. Be respectful of other users. Know that everyone has their own opinion and it is a valuable one.

My end goal every year is to help users enjoy a game more, get open channels of information to make the game better and try to have some fun doing it. I hate posting this thread each year but always know the necessity it is to posting it. So please - let's make everyone's job easier here - read this and try to follow it.

If you are banned and fell like it was done wrongfully, please email [email protected] or Tweet me at www.twitter.com/MillenniumOS and I will listen to your appeal.

As always, I will leave this thread open for discussion. It is not a bait, and you can speak your mind freely.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 08-02-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #2
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: That time of year! (Please Read - Regarding Bans)

Q: is there any appeal process or any mechanism in place for a moderator with an itchy trigger finger or even a mistake?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

OVR: 0

^ What he said
Old 08-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Q: is there any appeal process or any mechanism in place for a moderator with an itchy trigger finger or even a mistake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
^ What he said
I have edited the original post with the appeal contact information.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Imo it could send the wrong message when the majority of the examples of what not to post in the OP have negative slants. Seems to me constructive criticism, thread hijacking and agenda posting go both ways, maybe we could get some examples of what not to post with a pro-Madden slant to set a more balanced tone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Imo it could send the wrong message when the majority of the examples of what not to post in the OP have negative slants. Seems to me constructive criticism, thread hijacking and agenda posting go both ways, maybe we could get some examples of what not to post with a pro-Madden slant to set a more balanced tone.
You simply aren't going to give this up, are you?

For those wondering - this is the exact example of agenda posting. Making it seem like there is an issue with the rules when it's really how you feel you've been treated since being brought back from your second ban.

I'm going to assume that most of the posters on this site are mature enough to know through the explanations what not to do. And if for some reason they aren't and they get banned I will have conversations with them individually.

I am aware of your predisposition that this site is against you (and yes, I'm saying you because you like to attempt and group other users with complaints who form them in a much more constructive manner in order to make it seem as if you have a backing) but it isn't. You're a previously banned user who is held to a much stricter version of the rules. This is something you should come to terms with sooner rather than later.

If anyone else has this same issue (negative examples instead of positive) I will gladly converse with you privately so that I can take care of each of your questions thoroughly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 08-03-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just a reminder, I'm posting ITT with the understanding that this statement holds true that you posted in the OP "As always, I will leave this thread open for discussion. It is not a bait, and you can speak your mind freely. However this will be last post ITT."

You're the one making it personal and making it about me, I haven't, those claims you made, about me thinking this site is against me or whatever is your opinion but it's incorrect. You post the bold but then accuse me of agenda posting when I spoke freely and on topic.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just a reminder, I'm posting ITT with the understanding that this statement holds true that you posted in the OP "As always, I will leave this thread open for discussion. It is not a bait, and you can speak your mind freely. However this will be last post ITT."

You're the one making it personal and making it about me, I haven't, those claims you made, about me thinking this site is against me or whatever is your opinion but it's incorrect. You post the bold but then accuse me of agenda posting when I spoke freely and on topic.
This is where you're wrong. It's not personal to you in how This forum is being handled. But I'm also no longer sitting back and watching people take advantage of what they see as loopholes in the rules.

Your post history is more than enough proof for the staff of this site, myself included, to say that you are attempting further your point by dancing around specifics.

This thread is kept open whenever to post for legitimate issues and education, not for a user that has had constant issues on this forum to attempt to finally prove his point in how he has been wronged.

While your tiptoeing the TOS may have been acceptable in the past, it is no longer something that will be accepted.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »