Home

Playbook help

This is a discussion on Playbook help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Playbook help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMarina
I have thought about it but for the amount of variation I want, the time involved is prohibitive unless I'm missing a fast way
Yeah man you can start out small with just a few plays to get started and then always go back to edit it whenever you want to add or delete plays.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
Yeah man you can start out small with just a few plays to get started and then always go back to edit it whenever you want to add or delete plays.
Really? Thought you had to pick 300 plays haha thanks
Old 09-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMarina
Really? Thought you had to pick 300 plays haha thanks
Well you start of by picking a playbook to edit but you can delete the plays you don't like and keep it simple until you build your playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

For 3-4, the Bills is a good one, and if you like the zone blitz scheme, go with the STeelers...As for offense that is balanced, I use the CHiefs; great pass plays and solid runs, a great run play in their Near Close formation, among other good runs from the Ace and Gun.

If I recall correctly, the Ravens 3-4 has the 3-4 Bear and 4-4 split, just like the Bills, but the Ravens have an extra Nickel formation, I believe it is the base 3-3-5, along with the 3-3-5 wide that the Bills use and the 2-4-5 and 2-4-5 DBL A gap..

A simple way to look up playbooks and what they have - https://maddendaily.com/madden-17-playbooks/

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-28-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Do each team has it's own teams playbook?

Ok I play with two different teams and both teams playbooks seems to be the exact same.

I also played a few games with other teams and for the most part all the plays are the same.

How do I fix, change, correct this so that each team has it's own playbook?
Old 09-29-2016, 03:59 AM   #14
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
For 3-4, the Bills is a good one, and if you like the zone blitz scheme, go with the STeelers...As for offense that is balanced, I use the CHiefs; great pass plays and solid runs, a great run play in their Near Close formation, among other good runs from the Ace and Gun.

If I recall correctly, the Ravens 3-4 has the 3-4 Bear and 4-4 split, just like the Bills, but the Ravens have an extra Nickel formation, I believe it is the base 3-3-5, along with the 3-3-5 wide that the Bills use and the 2-4-5 and 2-4-5 DBL A gap..

A simple way to look up playbooks and what they have - https://maddendaily.com/madden-17-playbooks/
Ahh, thanks!

The problem I've found with Zone blitzes is that a large chunk of them have the OLB's zoned to flats rather than rushing the QB. Then, if you blitz the OLB, the CPU nearly always completes an out route to the TE and it gives up a 1st down.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #15
Just started!

Last night I played with the Steelers using the Buffalo PB. One thing I did before the game was work on practicing the defensive adjustments. Sometimes I get in a game and I am pressing the wrong button when I go to make adjustments. I was also a bit confused on how to change individual assignments for say LBs, Safties, and CBs. I did notice you do not have a lot of time when you come out of the huddle to make more then say one or two adjustments. Anyone have any tips on how to do that quicker or more efficient? I actually ended up writing down on a piece of paper what the buttons do so I can memorize them better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 06:32 AM   #16
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipersbasebal99
Last night I played with the Steelers using the Buffalo PB. One thing I did before the game was work on practicing the defensive adjustments. Sometimes I get in a game and I am pressing the wrong button when I go to make adjustments. I was also a bit confused on how to change individual assignments for say LBs, Safties, and CBs. I did notice you do not have a lot of time when you come out of the huddle to make more then say one or two adjustments. Anyone have any tips on how to do that quicker or more efficient? I actually ended up writing down on a piece of paper what the buttons do so I can memorize them better.
The only thing I can suggest, is going into Free Practice mode and just practising them play after play until they become 2nd nature. It won't take too long. Problem is if they're written own, you could miss something important

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »