Home

Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

This is a discussion on Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:51 AM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

I wish it were like that with the positions that have the most value in the real NFL. That is, the positions where the differential between elite players and average players is highest.

For example:

Left Tackle
Pass Rushers
Quarterbacks
and maybe to a slightly lesser degree, Cornerbacks

There's a reason these positions are usually drafted highest, and I think progression should reflect that (of course sliders should be included for those who want a less realistic experience).

Now that I think about it, could I not adjust xp sliders to reflect the rarity of elite left tackles, pass rushers, QBs and CBs?
Old 10-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
This is the reason I place a lot of emphasis on only drafting 21 and 22 year old players and ignoring 24 year olds entirely. Unless the 24 YO has quick/superstar development and gets plenty of game time, there's no way he's going to have enough time to develop his stats to the level of a top player at his position.
yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I took another person's advice and edit the ages of 90% of the 1st-round picks so that they range from 20-22. I leave a couple old dudes in there on occasion but it seems silly that so many elite, talented guys would come out of college as if they went to grad school first.
think it might have been my advice but i know plenty do it.

just finished a draft and have been going through pushing guys ages down.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I wish it were like that with the positions that have the most value in the real NFL. That is, the positions where the differential between elite players and average players is highest.

For example:

Left Tackle
Pass Rushers
Quarterbacks
and maybe to a slightly lesser degree, Cornerbacks

There's a reason these positions are usually drafted highest, and I think progression should reflect that (of course sliders should be included for those who want a less realistic experience).

Now that I think about it, could I not adjust xp sliders to reflect the rarity of elite left tackles, pass rushers, QBs and CBs?
i'm starting to see weird positions getting drafted in the top ten. it's happening cos there are too many good DE/OLB & LT in every draft. teams might have two young LT on their roster but when they pick, there are a bunch of LT available.

WAS took a TE #1 with 74 SPD. he was a good player but you don't take him #1 overall when there are three really good pass rushers on the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #12
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I took another person's advice and edit the ages of 90% of the 1st-round picks so that they range from 20-22. I leave a couple old dudes in there on occasion but it seems silly that so many elite, talented guys would come out of college as if they went to grad school first.
Not silly but realistic. Check out the ages of players drafted in "the real world." Not uncommon for young athletes (early teens) to be held back so they are year older (somes times 2 years older) in high school, where they compete against others for scholarships to the best football schools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »