Home

Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

This is a discussion on Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

So i saw this today on twitter. This dude actually has numerous good articles with some interesting data he has compiled. This one is a cool tool that shows you how much it will cost to upgrade any trait, based on players age.

So if you want to up run blocking 4 points ( good luck with that) and your RG is 25, you can punch that in , and see how many total points you will need.

http://www.deepdivegaming.com/madden...st-calculator/

What i find interesting is , somehow run and pass blocking is costing an extremely high amount.Like most of the attributes range in a pretty decent closeness in range. Like age 23, about 2k-6k for most any attribute to go up 4 points from 76-80 . But pass and run blocking are costing 9 k in line with speed, up until you reach attribute above 80.Then the cost of speed goes up faster.But still seems odd that run and pass blocking are so much higher than when most attributes in a similar range it seems. But an interesting tool, none the less.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

For what you said about the OL upgrade prices, you should check out Tdawgs xp sliders in the slider forum. They are a must if you want the OL to progress at the same speed as other positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Wink Re: Cool Tool to see how much that attribute upgrade going to cost ya.

The reason those blocking attributes cost so much is because there is very little to upgrade for offensive linemen that affects overall. Plus not a lot of traits that matter to them.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

This is the reason I place a lot of emphasis on only drafting 21 and 22 year old players and ignoring 24 year olds entirely. Unless the 24 YO has quick/superstar development and gets plenty of game time, there's no way he's going to have enough time to develop his stats to the level of a top player at his position.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
This is the reason I place a lot of emphasis on only drafting 21 and 22 year old players and ignoring 24 year olds entirely. Unless the 24 YO has quick/superstar development and gets plenty of game time, there's no way he's going to have enough time to develop his stats to the level of a top player at his position.
I took another person's advice and edit the ages of 90% of the 1st-round picks so that they range from 20-22. I leave a couple old dudes in there on occasion but it seems silly that so many elite, talented guys would come out of college as if they went to grad school first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I took another person's advice and edit the ages of 90% of the 1st-round picks so that they range from 20-22. I leave a couple old dudes in there on occasion but it seems silly that so many elite, talented guys would come out of college as if they went to grad school first.
I do this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
The reason those blocking attributes cost so much is because there is very little to upgrade for offensive linemen that affects overall. Plus not a lot of traits that matter to them.
That's a good point, I can see why they are expensive now. I also use TDawgs XP sliders, it helps with progressing OL guys big time.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #7
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
For what you said about the OL upgrade prices, you should check out Tdawgs xp sliders in the slider forum. They are a must if you want the OL to progress at the same speed as other positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i have seen that, and its cool n all, except i only play in an online league with 31 other humans, who do not progress players like cpu does.Also all games are played and not simmed, so between those two things, i dont believe using his sliders( eventhough he has great detailed data laid out) would work 100% for an online league, how ever i did start all oline at 170 while the rest at 100 when we started.

I just find it odd that run and pass blocking for oline is that high to upgrade, even when the number is rather low to start.

I also just thought it was a cool tool someone took the time to make, so wanted to share it .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
yeah i have seen that, and its cool n all, except i only play in an online league with 31 other humans, who do not progress players like cpu does.Also all games are played and not simmed, so between those two things, i dont believe using his sliders( eventhough he has great detailed data laid out) would work 100% for an online league, how ever i did start all oline at 170 while the rest at 100 when we started.

I just find it odd that run and pass blocking for oline is that high to upgrade, even when the number is rather low to start.

I also just thought it was a cool tool someone took the time to make, so wanted to share it .

I am more than a little bit of a nerd. I go through all rosters by position in week one and count how many 90 or better overall players are at each position(not counting my team) then use my sliding scale to set xp sliders for each.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »