Home

Online CFM Homefield Advantage

This is a discussion on Online CFM Homefield Advantage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Online CFM Homefield Advantage

Do you guy's feel a difference when playing home then away CFM games, I felt it more this year then last Madden. Seems like guys cannot hold blocks on offense and you cannot blockshed on defense, even with your stud DT. Have anyone experienced this or is it just me ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online CFM Homefield Advantage

I haven't noticed that alot. To me it seems there's a difficulty magnifier though when I play divisional games. It would be nice to actually know if there's a home field modifier. I believe there should be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeyz21
Do you guy's feel a difference when playing home then away CFM games, I felt it more this year then last Madden. Seems like guys cannot hold blocks on offense and you cannot blockshed on defense, even with your stud DT. Have anyone experienced this or is it just me ?
can't say i have noticed it, but i've very much noticed that the home teams wins more in the game than the road team. and that includes my record as a player v CPU.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

I have noticed, yes. I have no idea if it's simply the atmosphere (sports psychology has a lot to say about how crowds can effect games, it's a real thing, and I always wear headphones with the volume cranked) or if there's subtle tweaks to the code to make road games 5% tougher or whatever (which I'd be fine with). But yeah I'm 4-1 at home and 1-3 on the road so far this year (Lions). Also could just be coincidence.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
Pro

They need to incorporate this into madden somehow. Not like it was in ncaa football where almost every road game had an impact, but some of the louder nfl stadiums should give an advantage. Something like harder to see route play arts, false starts, not hearing audibles, etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
They need to incorporate this into madden somehow. Not like it was in ncaa football where almost every road game had an impact, but some of the louder nfl stadiums should give an advantage. Something like harder to see route play arts, false starts, not hearing audibles, etc

What would really be next-level is if each stadium had its own unique soundstage; or if nothing else at least two different crowd-types: indoor and outdoor. Even just four could be pretty ideal:

Indoor - NORMAL
Indoor - LOUD
Outdoor - NORMAL
Outdoor - LOUD

Throw in maybe three levels of intensity - meaningless game, important game, big game - and all of a sudden you've got a pretty sophisticated and dynamic system going.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
What would really be next-level is if each stadium had its own unique soundstage; or if nothing else at least two different crowd-types: indoor and outdoor. Even just four could be pretty ideal:

Indoor - NORMAL
Indoor - LOUD
Outdoor - NORMAL
Outdoor - LOUD

Throw in maybe three levels of intensity - meaningless game, important game, big game - and all of a sudden you've got a pretty sophisticated and dynamic system going.
Sounds good. Would definitely be a start. Right now there's really no difference in being at home or being on the road. Makes every game feel the same. From preseason to superbowl

Old 10-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea that would be dope. Some kind of way that makes it harder to call audibles or hot routes. I remember back in NCAA when calling an audible your players would trigger animations where they seemed confused so it took a few more seconds for them to get back in place. I also remember when you zoom out and look at the play (WR routes) would shake and couldn't see it so clearly.

Note: After writing this post, I realize how much I miss NCAA and get sad from the reminiscing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »