Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #857
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

is there a way to share a file on multiple computers?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:03 PM   #858
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezeral
is there a way to share a file on multiple computers?
Google Drive
Old 12-19-2016, 05:13 PM   #859
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

should i input a 3-4 de in the tool as a Dt?
Old 12-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #860
Rookie

does how you type in a skill matter?
ex. RTE running v. route running
Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #861
Rookie

Quote:
to go with this post, I have multiple guys where I have scouted them 100% and inputted all the info, but the guide tells me to continue to keep scouting them. Did I do something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #862
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
to go with this post, I have multiple guys where I have scouted them 100% and inputted all the info, but the guide tells me to continue to keep scouting them. Did I do something wrong?
Yes it does matter. also make sure you havent added any additional spaces (this one always gets me). you can check on the skills tab how the skills are spelled out or abbreviated.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #863
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Means you have to wait until combine numbers come out to know for sure if they are a Blue/Red Chip or a Do Not Scout.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 AM   #864
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

As promised, or even if I didn't I feel I owe it to ya, here's my spreadsheet from my 2018 draft. All defense, save for a few WR's a couple of OL, and for some reason I wanted to look at 3 K's and 3 P's...

Not that many fully scouted players in this draft, as I was unifying my procedure to maximize the number of players I started scouting, whether they got fully scouted or not...

A couple of points, which may or may not have been shared by others...

I found it helpful and most efficient to fully scout the first skill from a single position, and since my coach has 200 scouting points per week, that allows 12 players from the first scouting week to grab the first skill, and then follow that up with the two most interesting remaining players to grab the second skill, fully using each week's 200 points.

This technique avoids straying too far from gathering scouting intel on the greatest sample size of draft candidates, just to ensure you don't miss a potential late round gem.

By the time you receive the second scouting skill, you pretty much know if you're going to continue or not. If you see a C+ at the second skill, odds are that he's not worth continuing to scout until the combine, so move on.

Only go for the third skill AFTER the combine. It's a cheap 5 points to spend to make sure his combine numbers have meaning. I've noticed that 20yd shuttle times are often a make-or-break time, and so are bench press totals for the big boys.

Scout all players from a position that you will need to replace a starter 2 years prior to that starter's next contract year. This means that you'll potentially have a solid replacement to choose from who is still in his rookie (far less expensive) contract. But remember to draft this incoming rookie so he's on your roster, in his second season during your starter's contract year.

Lastly, and sorry for being so wordy,

Pay special attention to "edge" players. I call them "edge" because they're on the edge of being draft worthy. You can find this out by artificially entering better combine stats to check how close they are (afterwards return the stats to real numbers). These edge players are best used for depth only, not to fill starting roster spots.

Again, thank you OMN for this awesome tool!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 17 CFM Scouting Tool 2018 draft (Autosaved).zip (2.87 MB, 34 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »