Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #929
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpkid12
Only 6 user teams and they all made the playoffs so they are all picking late, hoping the CPU doesn't recognize it since the projected and talent round are both mid first round. If I can trade up to 8th-10th, I could have the steal of the draft.

Yeah this guy sounds like a once in a generation prospect. Check the roster of CPU teams picking before about pick 10 and see if they have a poor CB corps or lack depth at the position and see what their team needs are via the manual section of the trade center. The only other thing to be aware of is human players trading up above you to pick him. I'd be trying to make a deal to take this guy from about pick 3 or 4 onwards personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #930
Rookie

OVR: 3

@OldManNathy, just had season 2 draft in my 32 user CFM so I won't be getting high 70s overalls in round 5 or 6 like people in offline franchises with just one user but this draft was especially weak and I wanted your thoughts. For starters, there were barely any storylines for the combine, Pro Day, or All Star Game. There were maybe 12 total fast and superstar development players, only one CB out of 54 on the version 4 sheet was even a red chip. A corner won the Heisman, went 3rd overall, but is a 70 overall albeit with Superstar development.

I drafted a SS in round 2, blue chip, and he's a 73 overall, normal development, a bit disappointing. I got a red chip RB in round as well and he came in 68 overall. My first rounder was a blue chip RT who checks in at 78 overall with 87 run block, 89 strength, 75 pass block 81 impact block and normal development. I put a ton of time into the sheet and was wondering if you had ever heard of such a weak draft class?
Old 01-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #931
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63
@OldManNathy, just had season 2 draft in my 32 user CFM so I won't be getting high 70s overalls in round 5 or 6 like people in offline franchises with just one user but this draft was especially weak and I wanted your thoughts. For starters, there were barely any storylines for the combine, Pro Day, or All Star Game. There were maybe 12 total fast and superstar development players, only one CB out of 54 on the version 4 sheet was even a red chip. A corner won the Heisman, went 3rd overall, but is a 70 overall albeit with Superstar development.

I drafted a SS in round 2, blue chip, and he's a 73 overall, normal development, a bit disappointing. I got a red chip RB in round as well and he came in 68 overall. My first rounder was a blue chip RT who checks in at 78 overall with 87 run block, 89 strength, 75 pass block 81 impact block and normal development. I put a ton of time into the sheet and was wondering if you had ever heard of such a weak draft class?

Yeah sometimes you do get really crappy classes like this, other times they're amazing with great players right the way into the late rounds at all positions. What did the draft class strength analysis sheet say about this class?

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #932
Rookie

Quote:

Yes I have had plenty like that. But my last 2 drafts have been like people are posting. I just got one of those franchise qbs you reading about. Now I am trying for super corner. Also one of them match up nightmares TEs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #933
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

My last 2 classes were like this and this year's is shaping up the same way. 1 or 2 strong positions and just crap after. It happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #934
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah sometimes you do get really crappy classes like this, other times they're amazing with great players right the way into the late rounds at all positions. What did the draft class strength analysis sheet say about this class?

As I recall, the class was good at QB, RB, WR, TE, OL in general was good, bad for DTs, good for DEs, good for MLBs, bad for OLB, bad for CB, safeties were good. As a point of reference 3 superstar development and 5 quick development players and that's it. 3 81 overall players and one 80 overall. So while I like the sheet when the class is this weak plus user franchise, it really limits options and harder to find diamonds when there were maybe 20-25 blue chips total.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #935
Rookie

corpkid12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah this guy sounds like a once in a generation prospect. Check the roster of CPU teams picking before about pick 10 and see if they have a poor CB corps or lack depth at the position and see what their team needs are via the manual section of the trade center. The only other thing to be aware of is human players trading up above you to pick him. I'd be trying to make a deal to take this guy from about pick 3 or 4 onwards personally.

So I went back and looked and the top four draft positions had CB as one of their top 2 needs. I felt like I couldn't take a chance so I traded up to number one overall. I gave the Panthers my first(32nd overall) and a 29 year old 70 overall CB on the last year of his contract and a 7th rounder in this year's draft for the right to select this CB first overall. The draft is Thursday, let's hope this works out. If so, I shall call him "Primetime"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #936
Rookie

OVR: 1

A little disappointing that it no longer grays out a player when an X is put under player taken, makes it harder to follow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »