Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-19-2017, 12:29 AM   #1049
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

First off this tool is amazing!!! I've spent a lot of time working with Excel to improve efficiency, operations and sales in several companies, and your work in Excel itself is top notch. Kudos. Aside from that, the integration of your skill with Madden is excellent. I found this tool during Week 3 of Free Agency in an Online CFM, and still ended up with 5 draft picks with greater than 70 OVR; mind you, I STARTED SCOUTING in that same week! Great tool.

One thing I might add (and I know this is a big ask) is an additional sheet within the workbook with Drop-Downs of OFF and DEF schemes as well as position schemes and a scheme drop down for each position on the Big Board. The work is immense, but adding a "match" vs "non-match" quantitative value would do a lot to further improve the TVR on any specific player.

Again, I can't emphasize enough how much skill and talent you have with Excel (and probably programming). Thank you, sir. If you ever need some work done on this or other Madden-related spreadsheets, I'd be more than happy to contribute. I've created more than 15 different Game-planning sheets myself if you'd like to take a look at any of them.

Take care, and keep up the superior work.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:00 AM   #1050
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW812
First off this tool is amazing!!! I've spent a lot of time working with Excel to improve efficiency, operations and sales in several companies, and your work in Excel itself is top notch. Kudos. Aside from that, the integration of your skill with Madden is excellent. I found this tool during Week 3 of Free Agency in an Online CFM, and still ended up with 5 draft picks with greater than 70 OVR; mind you, I STARTED SCOUTING in that same week! Great tool.

One thing I might add (and I know this is a big ask) is an additional sheet within the workbook with Drop-Downs of OFF and DEF schemes as well as position schemes and a scheme drop down for each position on the Big Board. The work is immense, but adding a "match" vs "non-match" quantitative value would do a lot to further improve the TVR on any specific player.

Again, I can't emphasize enough how much skill and talent you have with Excel (and probably programming). Thank you, sir. If you ever need some work done on this or other Madden-related spreadsheets, I'd be more than happy to contribute. I've created more than 15 different Game-planning sheets myself if you'd like to take a look at any of them.

Take care, and keep up the superior work.

Thanks man! Honestly I wasn't much good at excel when I started this tool (could just about do a vlookup, but that's it!) so I've been learning the more complex stuff as I go. It's also full of columns and ideas I had that I ended up not using (like the predicted OVR stuff with upper and lower bounds) and probably plenty of things I could have done much more efficiently. But it seems to work at the moment, which I'm happy about!

The player archetype stuff is something I wish I'd built in from day 1. Problem is that it would be a pretty big rewrite to implement t now as I'll need all sorts of new columns and stuff for different criteria checks against each archetype, plus I have no data for specific archetypes that will help me ensure the criteria are accurate. The checks would therefore likely need several versions of finessing before they got back to the level of accuracy they're at currently. To be honest, at this stage of the game lifecycle with madden 17 I'm not up for such a big rewrite. Will most definitely look into doing it for next year's game though.

Yeah I'd like to see your game planning sheets if you can share. I stole a few of the concepts, structures and formulae for this tool from other resources people have created for various games, so hopefully your sheets have something that will help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #1051
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
The player archetype stuff is something I wish I'd built in from day 1. Problem is that it would be a pretty big rewrite to implement t now as I'll need all sorts of new columns and stuff for different criteria checks against each archetype, plus I have no data for specific archetypes that will help me ensure the criteria are accurate. The checks would therefore likely need several versions of finessing before they got back to the level of accuracy they're at currently. To be honest, at this stage of the game lifecycle with madden 17 I'm not up for such a big rewrite. Will most definitely look into doing it for next year's game though.
Actually, I've been thinking a lot about this type of thing, too. I wonder if it might be as simple as just allowing the user to set weights on the attributes. Personally, I try to target certain archetypes but, if I find someone with the right skills for what I want, I don't care if they match my scheme.

For example, if I want a Speed WR with great hands, I might find a Possession WR with great speed that works just as well or better. I don't have to worry about the fact that he's not listed as Speed but I could give more weight to hands, speed, and acceleration and less weight to Awareness, Route Running, or some other attributes. Since you're just making assumptions after the first three anyway, it would just apply the same way but with a weighting modifier involved.

Of course, that's all simple to say and I could do it fairly easily on something that I created. As much as I would like to, I haven't dove into enough detail on your work to know how nicely it would play with the other things you've done.

Anyway...just a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #1052
Rookie

Guys, does anyone know what the story hard to run versus means? The story was that it was hard to run versus a certain linebacker. Story was throughout the year. First few weeks
Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #1053
Rookie

eamays's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan56
Guys, does anyone know what the story hard to run versus means? The story was that it was hard to run versus a certain linebacker. Story was throughout the year. First few weeks
If I had to guess, I would say it's under the category "Season: Consistent Excellence"
Old 01-20-2017, 04:51 AM   #1054
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

So I just got a draft story I've never seen before. I'm in week 2, and it says this:

Quote:
Golden Glove Family
LOLB Henry Vinnett out of Louisville trains in mixed martial arts with his family of fighters during the offseason.
It's followed by a quote from Trey Wingo saying
Quote:
I bet Henry Vinnett was the kid no one wanted to mess with back in school.

I can't figure out how to categorize this. Anyone else had this one?
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 AM   #1055
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 4.1 Out Now!

Never seen it. Interested to see if anyone else has seen it. Or maybe you should draft him in street fighter. Wax on...wax off.

PSNID: mowins812
GroupMe: MW812
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #1056
Banned

Graphics in this game are so good!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »