Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2017, 06:11 AM   #1057
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
So I just got a draft story I've never seen before. I'm in week 2, and it says this:

It's followed by a quote from Trey Wingo saying

I can't figure out how to categorize this. Anyone else had this one?

That's the football convert story archetype. This guy will have SS dev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #1058
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Actually, I've been thinking a lot about this type of thing, too. I wonder if it might be as simple as just allowing the user to set weights on the attributes. Personally, I try to target certain archetypes but, if I find someone with the right skills for what I want, I don't care if they match my scheme.

For example, if I want a Speed WR with great hands, I might find a Possession WR with great speed that works just as well or better. I don't have to worry about the fact that he's not listed as Speed but I could give more weight to hands, speed, and acceleration and less weight to Awareness, Route Running, or some other attributes. Since you're just making assumptions after the first three anyway, it would just apply the same way but with a weighting modifier involved.

Of course, that's all simple to say and I could do it fairly easily on something that I created. As much as I would like to, I haven't dove into enough detail on your work to know how nicely it would play with the other things you've done.

Anyway...just a thought

Yeah I could build this in fairly easily. Would just be another modifier to the TVR.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #1059
Rookie

Anybody else have disappointing linebacker prospects in their draft classes? There's maybe 1 or 2 decent picks at each position, and hardly any depth. Yet HB and WR positions always has tons of good players with 10+ Quick dev players.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #1060
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Anybody else have disappointing linebacker prospects in their draft classes? There's maybe 1 or 2 decent picks at each position, and hardly any depth. Yet HB and WR positions always has tons of good players with 10+ Quick dev players.

It's swings and roundabouts. Some classes are very weak at certain positions, others very strong. If you're unlucky you sometimes have several consecutive years without elite prospects at a certain position which may be what's happening in your franchise. I had the same thing with TEs in one of my franchises, then all of a sudden there were two consecutive classes jam-packed with elite prospects at the position.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #1061
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I think that is common. It took me a few drafts to finally get my starting MLB's . OLBs are scarce even though I found a guy a few years ago in the 5th round who is now the starter at 27. I use run stopper or balanced OLBs who are speedy which rare. I had a draft once that was mostly 3-4 pass rushers with like 3 draftable players who weren't.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 02:59 AM   #1062
MVP

OVR: 38

I'm looking to draft a pass rushing OLB in the first round and switch to DE in my 4-3, there haven't been any good pass rushing DEs in the last couple drafts.

There are 3 pass rushing olbs that have a 1E grade, none of them have power of finesse moves in their top 3. So I guess my question is how does the 3-4 olb player type correlate to finesse and power moves? If I draft one of these guys are they gonna be able to rush the passer? Have you seen 3-4 olbs that don't have any pass rush abilities?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 AM   #1063
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I'm looking to draft a pass rushing OLB in the first round and switch to DE in my 4-3, there haven't been any good pass rushing DEs in the last couple drafts.

There are 3 pass rushing olbs that have a 1E grade, none of them have power of finesse moves in their top 3. So I guess my question is how does the 3-4 olb player type correlate to finesse and power moves? If I draft one of these guys are they gonna be able to rush the passer? Have you seen 3-4 olbs that don't have any pass rush abilities?

I'd be hesitant to take a pass rushing OLB without PMV or FMV in their top 3 skills, unless their physical measurables at the combine are outstanding and their lowest skill grade is either a B+ or a B.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #1064
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS

Ratings don't make a lick of difference, especially in defensive pass rushing/coverage, and offensive line. I've had a 66 Ovr DE with power/finesse moves in the 40s lead my team in sacks when I lost my "star" LE for the season.

If you're in for the role play experience like I am, then I would pass on them. I wouldn't convert a OLB to DE unless he had good strength and block shedding, because DE in 4-3 got to play the run every down as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »