Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #1177
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Is it just me or are there some player archetypes that are NEVER draftable? In five seasons, I'm yet to see a One Cut HB, Route Running WR, Blocking TE, Zone OL, Nose Tackle, 3-4 Run Stopper DE, or Cover 2 LB even become a red chip. To take it even farther, I'm yet to see a red chip CB make it out of the first round. Are the standards too high for those positions or have I had an unusual run of bad luck?

If the former, what archetypes DO seem to get better players? I've noticed Power HBs and Run Blocking OL, in particular, seem to have plenty.
Aeroscorp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #1178
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

OMN - how accurate is this tool for players when you switch their position? For instance, there's a DE that scored a 79.4 and a do not draft in his scouted position. But he benched 36 reps, has good size, and is B+ tackle, B hit power and B- block shedding ... so I switched his position on the sheet to DT. Voila! He's now ranked as the fourth-best prospect in the entire class at 93.12.
bucknut7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #1179
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

@ Old Man Nathy

Silly questions

1. Do you save your points to scout until the day before the draft then plug in the information? I know this year they changed it and you lose points if you dont use them. I just don't understand how (with the limited number of scouting points) you can scout players so late into the rounds.

2. Do you only scout players that you need that way you save more scouting points?

3. To get the "draft status" info it looks like you have to fully unlock the player before they are listed as "Blue Chip Draft" "Red Chip" "Scout More"

Is that true?

Thanks for the info. I am very excited about this and will definitely upload my info to help you out. I just need to feel more comfortable using it.
rcrawford01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #1180
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
OMN - how accurate is this tool for players when you switch their position? For instance, there's a DE that scored a 79.4 and a do not draft in his scouted position. But he benched 36 reps, has good size, and is B+ tackle, B hit power and B- block shedding ... so I switched his position on the sheet to DT. Voila! He's now ranked as the fourth-best prospect in the entire class at 93.12.
Most of the time you can change within position groups A-OK! 3-4 OLB Pass Rushers can come down and play DE in a 4-3 more often than not as well. Most likely the dude you are talking about is around 300 lbs. so it is certainly realistic for him to be a DT in a 4-3 or a DE in a 3-4, for example.

If he is not close to or over 300 pounds though I'd be careful because there is a semi-proven "fat 5" theory that essentially states the initial push at snap has a weight/strength roll for the engaging linemen. If you have a 250 pound DT he may just get blown off the line every play even if he has 90 strength. Good block shed will have him recover, but the play has most likely already gone for 3 yards or so at that point.

But yea, I make DE's DT's in the tool quite a bit if they are 290/295+ with 32+ reps, but label their original position in (___) in their name field so I won't reach because of the adjusted OVR.
golfwang1600 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #1181
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscorp
Is it just me or are there some player archetypes that are NEVER draftable? In five seasons, I'm yet to see a One Cut HB, Route Running WR, Blocking TE, Zone OL, Nose Tackle, 3-4 Run Stopper DE, or Cover 2 LB even become a red chip. To take it even farther, I'm yet to see a red chip CB make it out of the first round. Are the standards too high for those positions or have I had an unusual run of bad luck?

If the former, what archetypes DO seem to get better players? I've noticed Power HBs and Run Blocking OL, in particular, seem to have plenty.
My blue chip one cut RB (Round 6...best late draft player I've ever drafted) just got MVP so maybe you just get unlucky there? Power RBs tend to have good scouted skills, but then their acceleration often brings them to DND from combine scores I've noticed. I do agree with Blocking TE (can make decent FBs though) and Cover 2 LB , their grades tend to be pretty darn low.

I have no proof or knowledge but I feel like the Cover 2 LBs have high "hidden" coverage ratings? Anyone know if that is true? I've gotten a blue chip CB in the 3rd before, but it is really rare and even more frustrating is how 9/10 Prototype CBs are garbage, but I think this is probably for the best as explained below.

CB, in particular, you can draft DND players later on if they had a great combine and have no less than a "C" scouted anywhere. I've had a C+ in zone and press with a C in man coverage end up being my CB #2 after two seasons and maxed out at 80 overall, started at like 70 or something. I personally think that CB is probably the biggest exception group to the tool because, like you said, usually only the 1st rounders are gonna grade very good. Just like in the NFL guys aren't always immediate starters, but doesn't mean they are worth drafting. Can't teach Speed!!!
golfwang1600 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #1182
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 4.1 Out Now!

I have a finished filled in sheet from a draft I just completed. Are you still looking to data and whats the best way to get it to you?

This tool is great. Thanks for all the work.
ndub2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #1183
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2017
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscorp
Is it just me or are there some player archetypes that are NEVER draftable? In five seasons, I'm yet to see a One Cut HB, Route Running WR, Blocking TE, Zone OL, Nose Tackle, 3-4 Run Stopper DE, or Cover 2 LB even become a red chip. To take it even farther, I'm yet to see a red chip CB make it out of the first round. Are the standards too high for those positions or have I had an unusual run of bad luck?

If the former, what archetypes DO seem to get better players? I've noticed Power HBs and Run Blocking OL, in particular, seem to have plenty.
I haven't seen some of these archetypes as draft-able but if you look at the post above yours, the RE at pick 12 was a 3-4 run stopper and I've seen quite a few blue chip RR WR.

I'm the opposite in that I've never seen a red chip CB go in Round 1 and a ton available up until round 7. Thought I can't recall an blue chip Cbs falling past R1.
CalQLD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #1184
Rookie
 
eamays's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota, USA
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwang1600
Most of the time you can change within position groups A-OK! 3-4 OLB Pass Rushers can come down and play DE in a 4-3 more often than not as well. Most likely the dude you are talking about is around 300 lbs. so it is certainly realistic for him to be a DT in a 4-3 or a DE in a 3-4, for example.

If he is not close to or over 300 pounds though I'd be careful because there is a semi-proven "fat 5" theory that essentially states the initial push at snap has a weight/strength roll for the engaging linemen. If you have a 250 pound DT he may just get blown off the line every play even if he has 90 strength. Good block shed will have him recover, but the play has most likely already gone for 3 yards or so at that point.

But yea, I make DE's DT's in the tool quite a bit if they are 290/295+ with 32+ reps, but label their original position in (___) in their name field so I won't reach because of the adjusted OVR.
golfwang1600,
That's a great idea to add their original position to the name field in the spreadsheet. As I come across prospects that should slide better to another position (slow but tall WR to TE, strong 290+ lbs DE to DT, etc) I've been keeping them on a separate Google Sheet, but your method would work much better....and as luck would have it, I will be entering the combine stats today. Thanks for the suggestion.
eamays is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Top -