Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #121
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Anyone installed the file on an ipad? I need help inputting the various fields. I can click the drop boxes but it does not save.

Last edited by darren1024; 10-12-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #122
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
This is only partially related to the tool, but more about the scouting method the tool uses.

I just joined an online franchise that's currently in week 14, so I can start scouting in week 15. Given that very short time frame, do you think I should throw out the standard order of QB, OL, S, LB, DE and instead start with my highest positions of need (which I believe will be OL and DE after a cursory look at the roster last night).

Any other tips for someone who will have a very short scouting period? I guess the strategy would be either to scout the first grade for a bunch of people or discover all 3 grades for a select few (as long as the tool says to keep going with that person).

Thanks!
Yeah given your limited timeframe/points allowance, I'd focus on positions of need with your pre-combine scouting. You should have just about enough points to cover OL and DE before the off-season, if you're focusing on DEs that fit your defensive scheme anyway.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #123
Rookie

Just did another draft using this tool and this is what I reaped.

Had a draft story about coming from an Olympic Sprinter Father, didn't have a TVR listed just the VALUE prompt.

Had a draft story about coming from Australian rugby to NCAA Football, had a TVR of 91.60.

There was very little legitimate WR talent in this draft and I was lucky enough to stumble upon Dyson who had a TVR of 77.68.

After the off-season I had my starting ROLB retire and needed someone who would be ready to step in shortly thereafter and I found Hoskins with a TVR of 82.59, he was labeled as a "Risky Pick".

I traded away some of my DT depth to stockpile picks for the next draft, so I took a flier on Justice who had a TVR of 84.35 also labeled as a "Risky Pick".

The key to my successes has been building a great young OL by finding depth like this. Huber had a TVR of 81.35.

I really didn't need more safety help, but this draft seemed to be loaded when it came to that position, like Flemons he didn't have a TVR just a VALUE prompt.

With Vernon and Haskins I found 2/3rds of my future starting LB corps. Vernon had a TVR of 84.50.

Another solid future piece of my OL to progress until he can replace the stalwarts on my OL. Brewer had a TVR of 78.29.

As you can see I killed in terms of picks between 101-155. I was lucky enough to do a great deal of scouting early since I have a Scout who has the OL as his position group. Being able to clear out the majority of those players for only 21 points instead of 30 really lets me take chances on scouting other players that I may not have thought of before.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #124
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Solid draft, thanks for sharing! Got some great value picks in the middle rounds there.

Do you think you could do what TDawg did and add a column to your draft sheet and input the OVR of as many players as you can from the draft recap (and then upload the file to the thread)? If more people are able to do this it will really help me tweaking the criteria and TVR modifiers to make the tool even better. The bigger sample size of data I have available to me, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Solid draft, thanks for sharing! Got some great value picks in the middle rounds there.

Do you think you could do what TDawg did and add a column to your draft sheet and input the OVR of as many players as you can from the draft recap (and then upload the file to the thread)? If more people are able to do this it will really help me tweaking the criteria and TVR modifiers to make the tool even better. The bigger sample size of data I have available to me, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's kind of too late for that, I'm already in Week 1 of the next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #126
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
Just did another draft using this tool and this is what I reaped.

Had a draft story about coming from an Olympic Sprinter Father, didn't have a TVR listed just the VALUE prompt.

Had a draft story about coming from Australian rugby to NCAA Football, had a TVR of 91.60.

There was very little legitimate WR talent in this draft and I was lucky enough to stumble upon Dyson who had a TVR of 77.68.

After the off-season I had my starting ROLB retire and needed someone who would be ready to step in shortly thereafter and I found Hoskins with a TVR of 82.59, he was labeled as a "Risky Pick".

I traded away some of my DT depth to stockpile picks for the next draft, so I took a flier on Justice who had a TVR of 84.35 also labeled as a "Risky Pick".

The key to my successes has been building a great young OL by finding depth like this. Huber had a TVR of 81.35.

I really didn't need more safety help, but this draft seemed to be loaded when it came to that position, like Flemons he didn't have a TVR just a VALUE prompt.

With Vernon and Haskins I found 2/3rds of my future starting LB corps. Vernon had a TVR of 84.50.

Another solid future piece of my OL to progress until he can replace the stalwarts on my OL. Brewer had a TVR of 78.29.

As you can see I killed in terms of picks between 101-155. I was lucky enough to do a great deal of scouting early since I have a Scout who has the OL as his position group. Being able to clear out the majority of those players for only 21 points instead of 30 really lets me take chances on scouting other players that I may not have thought of before.
I'm more impressed with the amount of SS and Quick dev guys you drafted. Do you think it's largely due to the "draft stories" or were you just lucky?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm more impressed with the amount of SS and Quick dev guys you drafted. Do you think it's largely due to the "draft stories" or were you just lucky?
Well, this draft seemed to have a ton of safety talent from both the SS and FS class.

These were the players I scouted for those positions;

As you can see the SS class in this draft was loaded.

I find that the guys who tend to have a high TVR + later round status usually at the very least have a Quick development trait.

Last edited by L_O_B_27; 10-13-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #128
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
It's kind of too late for that, I'm already in Week 1 of the next year.

Shame, no worries. If you wouldn't mind doing it next time though that would be fantastic.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »