Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 10-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Amazing stuff. Some parameters i already use in my scouting process but put all this information in olny one tool is incredible.

I have one point and one question:

Story: I see prospects with "Bad" and "Good" stories...I dont know if is a good parameter.

Projected Round and Talent roud: This parameters affect the true value rating of each prospect?

Again, great job!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #10
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Thanks!

You should check them every couple of weeks. There's usually about 10 or so players with draft stories per season, and they drop off the news page after about 4 weeks.

(N.B. if there is a way to see all historic news items for a season at the end of the season, please let me know as this would be much easier than checking draft news each week!).
Is it un-sortable until after everything is complete? Right before you actually draft? Because I just entered everything I have so far through week 9 and I couldn't get the list to sort by draft board ranking.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #11
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Can't get it to sort by Draft board rank.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 02:44 AM   #12
Rookie

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Argh sorry guys thought I had allowed sorting. I had a bit of a nightmare protecting the sheet and allowing sorting but thought I'd sorted it out. Clearly not! Does it definitely not work if you click the little arrow on the rank column header? If not I'll upload a new version of the sheet in a couple of hours.

RE draft stories, yes there are negative (kicked off the team, serious injury) and positive (won the heisman, breaking sack records etc.). My thinking was that if a player is crap the tool will be telling you not to draft them anyway, so making a differentiation between positive and negative stories would be overkill (and in some instances subjective). Might build it in for a future version though.

Re projected round and talent round affecting true value: yes they do. If talent round data is available (I.e. all of the players top skills are scouted) it will choose that value to affect the true value. If not it will choose projected round. The thinking behind this is that a player projected to go in the first is statistically much, much more likely to be a stud than a player projected to go in the 7th. Even if their skills and measurables are the same, the first round player is, 9 times out of 10, the better player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v5 released 24th August 2017! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Argh sorry guys thought I had allowed sorting. I had a bit of a nightmare protecting the sheet and allowing sorting but thought I'd sorted it out. Clearly not! Does it definitely not work if you click the little arrow on the rank column header? If not I'll upload a new version of the sheet in a couple of hours.

RE draft stories, yes there are negative (kicked off the team, serious injury) and positive (won the heisman, breaking sack records etc.). My thinking was that if a player is crap the tool will be telling you not to draft them anyway, so making a differentiation between positive and negative stories would be overkill (and in some instances subjective). Might build it in for a future version though.

Re projected round and talent round affecting true value: yes they do. If talent round data is available (I.e. all of the players top skills are scouted) it will choose that value to affect the true value. If not it will choose projected round. The thinking behind this is that a player projected to go in the first is statistically much, much more likely to be a stud than a player projected to go in the 7th. Even if their skills and measurables are the same, the first round player is, 9 times out of 10, the better player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the version I have downloaded does not sort. You click the button and a blue box come up which appears to give the option to rank by last name, but that doesn't work either even if you wanted to do that. I'm really not sure if that's actually an option I'm seeing. Take a look at it please and let me know.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #14
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

First off this sounds awesome. I was thinking of doing something like this (not nearly as in depth) this week. Can't wait to check it out.

Quick question since I won't be able to play around with it tell later. You said you based it on Reboot Christianity (loved his work last year) but I found this year's way to limited. Your draft board was super small and by Rd 3 you usually had nobody left which was quite lame. His solution was to just keep trading for higher picks which is completely unsim and stupid in my opinion. Whew. Now to the question. Will your tool limit the draft board so we won't have any options later on? I don't need every player I draft over 75. Thanks man. Can't wait to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #15
Rookie

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
First off this sounds awesome. I was thinking of doing something like this (not nearly as in depth) this week. Can't wait to check it out.

Quick question since I won't be able to play around with it tell later. You said you based it on Reboot Christianity (loved his work last year) but I found this year's way to limited. Your draft board was super small and by Rd 3 you usually had nobody left which was quite lame. His solution was to just keep trading for higher picks which is completely unsim and stupid in my opinion. Whew. Now to the question. Will your tool limit the draft board so we won't have any options later on? I don't need every player I draft over 75. Thanks man. Can't wait to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I found the same thing with the reboot criteria, particularly after the latest draft class tuning update that affects online CFMs (and will soon affect offline CFMs). That's why I tweaked lots of the criteria myself.

The example picture I posted has about two thirds of my board removed as I wanted to show some rows with incomplete stats plugged in, the tool advising people not to draft a player, etc. etc. Generally the tool will find something in the region of 40-60 players it likes the look of in a given class (if you scout every prospect).
Old 10-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #16
Rookie

Old Man Nathy's Arena

RE the sorting problems, just downloaded a "fresh" copy of the tool myself to check, and it seems to work for me...?

See below image:

Note, I'm using the filter/sort button on the column header and prior to clicking that I had selected one of the editable cells in rows 2 - 301...

Also, I'm on Microsoft Excel 2013. Not sure if people having issues are on earlier versions of Excel, or Google Sheets or something?

If you're still having issues, I'll upload an unprotected version of the tool (though be warned: it's pretty fragile and changing any formulae or deleting rows etc. could balls up the whole thing).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »