Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #177
Rookie

asmmargod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 2 Out Now!

How would I move the data I entered I ver 1 to version 2 using excel???

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Awesome tool, thank you for all the hard work. What do you guys do with the guys that skip the combine? Just ignore them?
Old 10-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #179
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, quick question for you all. I'm running Excel2003 which doesn't work with the formulas and I have no experience with google sheets, but I attempted to upload the file I saved in Excel2003 on my PC and it appears the forumals will work in Google, but it's painfully slow. My question is, would it be best to just fill everything out within excel2003 file and then when I'm done, upload into google sheets where it will calculate all the numbers? Or should I just fill out everything within google sheets and skip the excel version?

Old 10-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #180
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC
Does this still work for position changes (eg Below standard for LT but OK if the position is changed to RG - allowing for player changes to be made post draft?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmmargod
How would I move the data I entered I ver 1 to version 2 using excel???

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Firstly, make sure you're using the unprotected version. Then, cut and paste the entire Bench Press column and move it after the Shuttle column. Then, highlight the projected round and talent round columns and remove the field data validation. Then find+replace "1 - Early" with "1E" etc. etc. for all of the rounds and replace "Undrafted" with "UD". Then you're all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Awesome tool, thank you for all the hard work. What do you guys do with the guys that skip the combine? Just ignore them?
The tool penalises any prospect without a complete set of scouted data, which includes combine stats. I'd be wary of drafting any player who missed the combine as this usually means they were injured (which often leads to a slow development trait).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Ok, quick question for you all. I'm running Excel2003 which doesn't work with the formulas and I have no experience with google sheets, but I attempted to upload the file I saved in Excel2003 on my PC and it appears the forumals will work in Google, but it's painfully slow. My question is, would it be best to just fill everything out within excel2003 file and then when I'm done, upload into google sheets where it will calculate all the numbers? Or should I just fill out everything within google sheets and skip the excel version?
Completely up to you. You can just copy and paste stuff into sheets later if it's easier for you, so I'd do that. But make sure you're using the tool in Excel as you will need to make sure you have the right field validation applied or your copy+paste won't work.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #181
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidrm150
I started using v2.0 and been having trouble with the Center position, because the tool keeps telling me not to draft any center as soon as I input his 1st attribute. I even put Run Block A+ and got a "Do Not Draft"
I thought I had this problem too, until I realized that when I typed the 'C' it was autofilling 'CB'. Once I made sure that it was attually a C it worked fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #182
Rookie

Just to let you know, the guy in my first draft who skipped the combine was a 76 ovr WR with Superstar development. SO it is not always a negative, lol.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #183
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Just to let you know, the guy in my first draft who skipped the combine was a 76 ovr WR with Superstar development. SO it is not always a negative, lol.

No but did he miss the combine due to injury? Feel free to draft players who skip the combine but be aware that you're leaving a lot to chance, which is kind of what this tool is designed to guard against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #184
Rookie

So I normally don't differentiate between my OLinemen, if I need an OLineman I grab the best one and plug him into whatever position needs someone. If I wanted to grade all OLine against other OLine, could I change the 'Scouting requirements' for all the OLine positions to the same thing? Like make them all like the LG rules? Or would I just have to list all OLine as LGs no matter what they play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »