Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #193
Rookie

asmmargod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmmargod
Yeah I think I followed his advice but nowadays I seem to be technically challenged. I'll try again and if not then I might retype the all lot.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Ok. I think I sorted it. I seemed to have missed few cells that needed replacing in the projected rounds.
Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #194
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome job on V2 of the tool. The changes to projected/actual round makes data entry so much quicker. Thanks for doing that! I take back my previous suggestion about changing ratings input from full names, to the 3 letter abbreviations. It's pretty simple to type them, and you have them entered in full into the spreadsheet, so as long as you type it right the first time, it's quick.

I had my first draft over the weekend. I killed it. I had 2 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders since I moved some players to help rebuild the Dolphins. My lowest rated draftee was a 72 OVR through 6 rounds. I hauled in a 81 & 79 OVR DE which was awesome for me since Cam Wake retired. My only bad pick was a 68 OVR WR in round 7, and a 67 OVR RB, also in round 7. Both were rated as do not draft, but there wasn't much left for me to go on, and I didn't need a WR, so he's on my practice squad now, and my RB I actually cut. He was only going to be my 3rd RB anyways, but there was a UDFA rated a 70 OVR, so I signed him as my RB3 anyways. Probably important also to remember that this was a pre-patch draft class as well.

I meant to save the file and upload it here for your data, but my laptop has been stuck in that stupid Windows 10 anniversary update loop bug, and I ended up having to just format it and reinstall W10 fresh with the update included and had no problems. Thanks Microsoft. I'll see if it's still hanging around on the CPU somewhere or if I can get it back with a data recovery tool, but I'm thinking she's gone.

Bottom line, this tool is damn awesome. It's not for those looking for a quick scouting fix like the spreadsheets of the old days when draft classes weren't random. It'll take some work and some effort, but IMO, it adds to the realism because you actually get to look at projected values for players, and create a draft board of your own. Fantastic job.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #195
Rookie

Anyone notice that the draft stories don't always match up?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 12:45 PM   #196
Rookie

QQ for everyone - How many superstar ratings are you getting? Or quick for that matter? i am only averaging 1 per draft. i see some of you are getting 2 and 3. Is it just luck? Any suggestions.

I know i am asking for much this tool is a godsend. I am averaging atleast 3 starters every draft and some key backups. In real life, you would be GM of the year.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #197
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
QQ for everyone - How many superstar ratings are you getting? Or quick for that matter? i am only averaging 1 per draft. i see some of you are getting 2 and 3. Is it just luck? Any suggestions.

I know i am asking for much this tool is a godsend. I am averaging atleast 3 starters every draft and some key backups. In real life, you would be GM of the year.
So far in my drafts, I've been seeing 1 or 2 superstars (3 would be pretty lucky), with 1-3 quick, and the rest normal. Only seen 1 slow development in 3 drafts, and that player was labeled a Risky Pick. I think it's somewhat luck/random, yes. But also, if you're picking from the top of your board, 1 superstar per draft should be somewhat expected I would say; not guaranteed but reasonable to expect.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
So far in my drafts, I've been seeing 1 or 2 superstars (3 would be pretty lucky), with 1-3 quick, and the rest normal. Only seen 1 slow development in 3 drafts, and that player was labeled a Risky Pick. I think it's somewhat luck/random, yes. But also, if you're picking from the top of your board, 1 superstar per draft should be somewhat expected I would say; not guaranteed but reasonable to expect.
Ok. In my last draft, i got 1 superstar, 2 quicks, 1 slow (but he had a 81 rating) and the rest normal. I guess when i see people getting 2 and 3 superstars its just the luck of the draw. like i said before a team geting 3 - 4 starters out of a draft is amazing.

Another question from everyone, has anyone noticed people dropping on and off the draft? like they were there during scouting but are gone when the actual draft happens. Again i know this is realistic, just wondering if others are seeing it too.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Ok. In my last draft, i got 1 superstar, 2 quicks, 1 slow (but he had a 81 rating) and the rest normal. I guess when i see people getting 2 and 3 superstars its just the luck of the draw. like i said before a team geting 3 - 4 starters out of a draft is amazing.

Another question from everyone, has anyone noticed people dropping on and off the draft? like they were there during scouting but are gone when the actual draft happens. Again i know this is realistic, just wondering if others are seeing it too.
Yeah, that looks like what I'd expect from a draft; drafting 1 superstar development prospects is common, 2 is a bonus, and 3 is rare.

As to your question, yes, I have seen this happen. From what I've noticed, certain Undrafted projected prospects sometimes drop out of the list sometime between the first week the prospects are available to scout and the combine itself. However, I did notice in a draft last night that those same players re-appear during the draft (or at least some of them). In fact, one of those players ended up being a top-35 player after I found him and input his combine stats. Ended up drafting him in the mid-7th and he turned out to be a 76 OVR! So, if they drop away from the list mid-season, make sure to check if they reappear during the draft; many have for me.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #200
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
Anyone notice that the draft stories don't always match up?
I've seen this. I got really excited when a 6'5 Tight End apparently ran a 4.3 in the 40 at the combine. But when I looked, it was a 4.8. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
Yeah, that looks like what I'd expect from a draft; drafting 1 superstar development prospects is common, 2 is a bonus, and 3 is rare.

As to your question, yes, I have seen this happen. From what I've noticed, certain Undrafted projected prospects sometimes drop out of the list sometime between the first week the prospects are available to scout and the combine itself. However, I did notice in a draft last night that those same players re-appear during the draft (or at least some of them). In fact, one of those players ended up being a top-35 player after I found him and input his combine stats. Ended up drafting him in the mid-7th and he turned out to be a 76 OVR! So, if they drop away from the list mid-season, make sure to check if they reappear during the draft; many have for me.
Dev traits are pretty much completely random. The only clue I've seen that can give an indicator are certain draft stories. E.g. players who are struggling to learn the playbook often end up with slow, players who win the Heisman usually get superstar (even players who end up with like 70 OVR after they're drafted - if they're Heisman winners they usually seem to be superstars).

There are so many undrafted prospects that the game cycles them in and out of the scouting screen week to week. Group 1 will be one week, Group 2 the next. The really annoying thing though is that some prospects you can scout don't even show up as pickable in the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »