Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Another successful draft, this time using V2.0 of the tool. Below are my draft results.

Going into my year 3 Draft, the positions I wanted to target were LT (Joe Thomas retired), OLB, CB (Joe Haden losing a step), DT, and FS. As with the previous draft, BAP philosophy, and if the player's value who I was targeting didn't meet the value of my pick, I moved back to where I thought that player's value (based roughly on projected draft position) and pick value were ~equal. Worked out very well once again.

Round 1 - Pick 8: P. Rackney, CB, #3 true talent, 79 OVR, Quick Development
This guy is an absolute monster, a day-1 starter with his 95 speed, 87 ZCV, 84 MCV.

Round 1 - Pick 20: T. Parsons, LOLB, #10 true talent, 77 OVR, Normal Development
This dude literally doesn't have a weakness as a 4-3 OLB. Sure tackler with plenty of hit power, and already really good block shedding, pursuit, and play recognition.

Round 3 - Pick 73: G. Freeman, LE --> DT, #61 true talent (higher if natural position was DT), 72 OVR --> 76 OVR, Normal Development
Once again used my trick of selecting a less explosive but very strong/stout DE and changed his position to DT in the spreadsheet, became a top-30 player on the board this way.

Between these two picks, most of the Round 1 talent was gone, and the next players I wanted were all projected 5th round or later, so I wasn't going to select them yet. My "gamble" paid off as I acquired SO many future draft picks by trading out, and still got the guys I wanted later in the draft. Next year is going to be insane. Anyways, let's continue.

Round 5 - Pick 150: D. Whitehead, RG --> LT, #24 true talent (again, probably higher if he'd been a natural LT), 75 OVR --> 76 OVR, Normal Development
I needed a replacement LT after losing Joe Thomas to retirement but wasn't able to select one earlier in the draft. Turns out, this RG turned LT is nearly as good as the best LT prospects. Another scouting tool trick for a mid-round steal!

Round 6 - Pick 179: J. Clement, WR, #42 true talent, 76 OVR, Normal Development
Added another very solid WR to the mix; we won't need to keep Josh Gordon much longer with this kind of depth.

Round 7 - Pick 201: R. Hazelton, WR, #39 true talent, 76 OVR, Normal Development
One of my best picks yet, seeing as he wasn't even projected to be drafted, AND he wasn't viewable going into the draft. He was marked as a Scout Further in Week 3, but when combine results came out he wasn't on the list. Glad I entered his combine results into the tool during the draft, because he became the #37 player on my board...available in round 7...yes please!

Round 7 - Pick 206 (Mr. Irrelivant): N. Darby, RG, #44 true talent, 75 OVR, Quick Development
This guy was #30 on my big board, but projected late 7th rounder, so I waited to draft him. More depth for the offensive line (not that we need it since offensive lineman do not get hurt at all, 99% of the time anyway).

After the draft, there was one other player who was projected as an Undrafted talent who I wanted to sign.

Free Agent: C. Studdard, RE --> DT, 66 OVR --> 76 OVR !!!
Once again, goes to show that if there's a less-than-desirable DE prospect who has the traits to be a DT, change his position in the tool and see what you get. This is 2 drafts in a row where I've found great talent/value in DE when switched to DT.

My first draft without a Superstar Development player, but no worries there as this was again a loaded draft class. I was not able to add a FS in this draft, but you won't always be able to addres every need in the draft. There were a couple FS I liked, but they just weren't there when I was picking and I wasn't able to move to get them. Pictures of my draft recap below, as well as the individual players too. Follow-up post to include the rest of the pictures as well.

Nathy, once again great work on the tool! I'll be posting my spreadsheet with actual OVR post-draft sometime this week as well for your data collection/regression purposes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (184.2 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (185.4 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (184.7 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (187.9 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (186.0 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by czechman89; 10-19-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #202
Rookie

The rest of my draft class pictured below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (185.9 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (184.5 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (186.3 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (183.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 10-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #203
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

This is an exceptionally fun tool. I don't have the latest version, but I don't want it to be too perfect either, and I'm happy with the results i'm already getting.

I have run 3 drafts, and I usually get between 2-4 guys in the high 70's, many of those guys in the later rounds, which I really like. I have missed on a couple guys that the tool marks as a risky pick, but I like to pick them anyway if I can still get one of my higher ranked guys in a later round. I find you have to watch though, I've lost a couple guys that are ranked in the 4th or 5th round, but the CPU will pick them in the prior round too.

All in all, this is a fantastic addition to franchise mode. Thanks so much for taking the time to develop it!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 02:13 AM   #204
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

i'm wondering, did you remove the feature in version 1 where when a player changes to "do not draft" status, their row changes color in version 2? or is this an issue I am having myself?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:06 AM   #205
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
i'm wondering, did you remove the feature in version 1 where when a player changes to "do not draft" status, their row changes color in version 2? or is this an issue I am having myself?

Should still work. I think somebody else was having this issue on google sheets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #206
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 2 Out Now!

Do you still need completed draft classes for research purposes? I have two that I can upload later today with >=60 ratings in each, along with a word document for the storylines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 10-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #207
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Should still work. I think somebody else was having this issue on google sheets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would make sense... As I do not have microsoft office, and the document didn't seem to work properly in open office, I took to using google sheets instead. The document seems to work fine there, other than the version 2 not changing colors. This is a minimal issue though. Otherwise It seems to work fine. Although I have no way of knowing whether something isn't working right when it comes to all the algorithms. But the sheet seems to update as i put the data in.

I also noticed that players can be marked as "do not draft" but still have a higher draft board rank then someone who is marked as "scout further". Is this also a normal behavior?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #208
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
That would make sense... As I do not have microsoft office, and the document didn't seem to work properly in open office, I took to using google sheets instead. The document seems to work fine there, other than the version 2 not changing colors. This is a minimal issue though. Otherwise It seems to work fine. Although I have no way of knowing whether something isn't working right when it comes to all the algorithms. But the sheet seems to update as i put the data in.

I also noticed that players can be marked as "do not draft" but still have a higher draft board rank then someone who is marked as "scout further". Is this also a normal behavior?
Yes. Some guys might just miss a certain requirement and get labeled do not draft. However his skills may be very good hence the high TVR. I keep everybody that I scout all the way on my board because some are still quality ball players.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »