Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

They are true scrubs ! Ranging from 64 to 68.
But I realised where my issue is coming from : I changed the Scoutings Requirements

I noticed from chart posted by users that some prospect have a high TVR and appear as Do not draft, which seemed weird to me.

So I changed the Scoutings Requirements tab to make these guys appear as DRAFT, as it modifies TVR a lot, and I wanted the tool to rate fairly the players with a different profile but high skill nonetheless.

The tool is already able to recognize these players and give them a pretty high TVR but I wanted to see their "true" TVR without the penality from not meeting the requirements.

The simplest fix to my issue would probably be :
-to supress all requirements (tried to delete all values but some positions (WR IIRC) still appear as DRAFT with the bonus to TVR)
-to make requirements attainable by everyone
-to make the tool check all requirements (would make it slow as hell I assume but I'm no expert)
-to supress the effect of Draft Status on TVR, probably the simplest and most efficient

That would ruin a part of the tool I know but I really find TVR to be much more valuable than the draft status and draft status affect TVR in a big way.

About the IBK, yeah I noticed they rarely end up with a very high OVR but a few can be in the 71-73 range and can be good picks in the late rounds.
A small bonus is that they will progress slightly faster compared to a guy with same OVR but low IBK as they tend to have lower RBK or PBK and these are the most efficient skills to upgrade (with AWR ofc) for OLine.

Last edited by Lokiness; 10-21-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: forgot one way to fix my issue
Old 10-22-2016, 02:22 AM   #234
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokiness
They are true scrubs ! Ranging from 64 to 68.
But I realised where my issue is coming from : I changed the Scoutings Requirements

I noticed from chart posted by users that some prospect have a high TVR and appear as Do not draft, which seemed weird to me.

So I changed the Scoutings Requirements tab to make these guys appear as DRAFT, as it modifies TVR a lot, and I wanted the tool to rate fairly the players with a different profile but high skill nonetheless.

The tool is already able to recognize these players and give them a pretty high TVR but I wanted to see their "true" TVR without the penality from not meeting the requirements.

The simplest fix to my issue would probably be :
-to supress all requirements (tried to delete all values but some positions (WR IIRC) still appear as DRAFT with the bonus to TVR)
-to make requirements attainable by everyone
-to make the tool check all requirements (would make it slow as hell I assume but I'm no expert)
-to supress the effect of Draft Status on TVR, probably the simplest and most efficient

That would ruin a part of the tool I know but I really find TVR to be much more valuable than the draft status and draft status affect TVR in a big way.

About the IBK, yeah I noticed they rarely end up with a very high OVR but a few can be in the 71-73 range and can be good picks in the late rounds.
A small bonus is that they will progress slightly faster compared to a guy with same OVR but low IBK as they tend to have lower RBK or PBK and these are the most efficient skills to upgrade (with AWR ofc) for OLine.
The tool isn't trying to find 71-73 rated players, only 75+ (not yet anyway - some modifications coming to version 3 around this).

I can present the unmodified TVR (which isn't affected by age, draft stories, draft status, team needs etc. etc.) if people think that would be useful? Maybe have that unmodified one as True Value, and the modified value as separate field?
Old 10-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #235
Rookie

Yeah my request is slightly off what your original intent was, excited to see v3 !

It would be a nice feature imo, it should help to identify the true BPA.

Draft stories tend to have an impact on the OVR/dev trait the player have, don't they ? If I'm correct shouldn't they stay applied to the "unmodified TVR"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 08:13 AM   #236
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokiness
Yeah my request is slightly off what your original intent was, excited to see v3 !

It would be a nice feature imo, it should help to identify the true BPA.

Draft stories tend to have an impact on the OVR/dev trait the player have, don't they ? If I'm correct shouldn't they stay applied to the "unmodified TVR"?

Nobody's managed to do any definitive analysis, but they seem to have a minor impact on three things: OVR, Dev trait, and projected round. Certain draft stories seem to be pretty consistent in terms of the impact they have (e.g. Heisman winners tend to be superstars, players who struggle to learn the playbook tend to be slow) but I'm pretty sure others are red herrings that have no effect at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #237
Rookie

I see.

Thanks for the replies and good luck with v3 !
Old 10-23-2016, 01:02 AM   #238
Rookie

Denzalo's Arena

Couple notes on requirements:

Spoiler
Never mind! I just looked at the blog post and saw that these are part of an OR statement.

Also, an LT who has a skill show up that's rated at C+ and they haven't been rated for Pass Block yet should probably switch to "Do Not Draft" as they won't be hitting their B- at this point.

I know these are probably on your list, good sir, I just wanted to make sure I said something just in case!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS.jpg (16.7 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg LT.jpg (17.9 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Denzalo; 10-23-2016 at 01:21 AM. Reason: New Information
Old 10-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 1

So was excited for trying the tool for a full season in my second season online CFM. Entered all the QBs and HBs during week 3, the first week they were available.There were 23 QBs, including 13 rated undrafted. There were 21 HBs including 5 undrafted. In week 4 there's only 12 QBs, 3 undrafted, and only 1 of the 3 undrafted QBs was on the list last week. In week 4, theres now 27 HBs, with 11 rated undrafted, and only 1 of the undrafted was on the list last week. (None of the ones that rated to be drafted changed). Is this normal, and if so should I not scout any 'undrafted' players? (One of the QBs that disappeared I had spent some scouting points already)
Old 10-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #240
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
So was excited for trying the tool for a full season in my second season online CFM. Entered all the QBs and HBs during week 3, the first week they were available.There were 23 QBs, including 13 rated undrafted. There were 21 HBs including 5 undrafted. In week 4 there's only 12 QBs, 3 undrafted, and only 1 of the 3 undrafted QBs was on the list last week. In week 4, theres now 27 HBs, with 11 rated undrafted, and only 1 of the undrafted was on the list last week. (None of the ones that rated to be drafted changed). Is this normal, and if so should I not scout any 'undrafted' players? (One of the QBs that disappeared I had spent some scouting points already)
It is pretty normal bro and OMN tells us throughout this thread and on his blog not to waste scouting points on undrafted players.

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »