Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #257
Rookie
 
TheDominator273's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,058
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
As OMN mentioned in his response, I've had great success finding later-round DE and OG talent that translates well/better into a DT or OT. So if there's an OLB that doesn't meet the criteria, but has the skills to play as an ILB (i.e. no pass rush moves for example, but really good against the run) try changing their position to MLB and see what you get. I've had DEs with a Do not draft status change to a top-35 players once switched to DT. It's fun finding gems this way; could work with LBs too!
To expand on this if you get a player that just misses draft status at a given position, try changing their position in the sheet to see if their TVR goes up in any other positions
TheDominator273 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #258
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
To expand on this if you get a player that just misses draft status at a given position, try changing their position in the sheet to see if their TVR goes up in any other positions
Since reading about that a week or so ago, i put it to use in my draft from last week. It sort of works. i had a SS who was do not draft but had great stats as a run stopping SS. So i thought his coverage skills and speed would make him a great linebacker. So i changed him to a MLB. He switch to draft and i grabbed him in a late round for value.

The draft completed and i moved him to his new position. His rating went from 71 to 59. So beware of the "trick". I am still trying to figure out which rating is bringing him down like that. his pass rush stats and awareness are all in the 50/60 range. So i assume that is it. His block shedding is in the low 70s as well. i assume that and the power rush are the problem. but he is awesome when you play as him. oh and he is 6'4 235 so i dont think its his height/weight.

I did the same thing to a do not draft G and made him a C and he is now a 74 norm dev C who is backing up 2 positions and eventually will be my C starter after his AWR goes up.
infinite76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #259
Pro
 
YeOldTonk's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Posts: 832
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Since reading about that a week or so ago, i put it to use in my draft from last week. It sort of works. i had a SS who was do not draft but had great stats as a run stopping SS. So i thought his coverage skills and speed would make him a great linebacker. So i changed him to a MLB. He switch to draft and i grabbed him in a late round for value.

The draft completed and i moved him to his new position. His rating went from 71 to 59. So beware of the "trick". I am still trying to figure out which rating is bringing him down like that. his pass rush stats and awareness are all in the 50/60 range. So i assume that is it. His block shedding is in the low 70s as well. i assume that and the power rush are the problem. but he is awesome when you play as him. oh and he is 6'4 235 so i dont think its his height/weight.

I did the same thing to a do not draft G and made him a C and he is now a 74 norm dev C who is backing up 2 positions and eventually will be my C starter after his AWR goes up.
Normally if I'm looking to switch a player, I try to keep him within the same position group. Dline, LBs, DB, Oline, etc. Seems to work out smoother for me.

Here's a chart of how different positions rely on different rating weights.

Ratings

According to the chart, Speed/Zone Covg/Man Covg only make up a total of 16% of a MLB's OVR rating.
__________________
Make #FranchiseNation great again!

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
YeOldTonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:49 AM   #260
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Normally if I'm looking to switch a player, I try to keep him within the same position group. Dline, LBs, DB, Oline, etc. Seems to work out smoother for me.

Here's a chart of how different positions rely on different rating weights.

Ratings

According to the chart, Speed/Zone Covg/Man Covg only make up a total of 16% of a MLB's OVR rating.
Thanks for the link. so i was wrong. Blk shedding and play recog are probably the culprits. i am increasing play recog and awr anyways but i guess i need to get his blk shedding up to get rating up. like i said, when i manually use him, he is awesome but i dont think i really take any blocks head on with him. he works great as a cover 2 MLB.

Again thank you for all the work you have done.
infinite76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:47 AM   #261
Rookie
 
TheDominator273's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,058
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Since reading about that a week or so ago, i put it to use in my draft from last week. It sort of works. i had a SS who was do not draft but had great stats as a run stopping SS. So i thought his coverage skills and speed would make him a great linebacker. So i changed him to a MLB. He switch to draft and i grabbed him in a late round for value.

The draft completed and i moved him to his new position. His rating went from 71 to 59. So beware of the "trick". I am still trying to figure out which rating is bringing him down like that. his pass rush stats and awareness are all in the 50/60 range. So i assume that is it. His block shedding is in the low 70s as well. i assume that and the power rush are the problem. but he is awesome when you play as him. oh and he is 6'4 235 so i dont think its his height/weight.

I did the same thing to a do not draft G and made him a C and he is now a 74 norm dev C who is backing up 2 positions and eventually will be my C starter after his AWR goes up.
Block shedding and power/finesse moves are what's killing his overall, possibly tackle as well. Usually a good coverage LB makes for a good run stopping SS but to move a safety to lb is a bit trickier due to the rush skills and tackle difference between a linebacker and a safety
TheDominator273 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #262
Pro
 
Old Man Nathy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Normally if I'm looking to switch a player, I try to keep him within the same position group. Dline, LBs, DB, Oline, etc. Seems to work out smoother for me.

Here's a chart of how different positions rely on different rating weights.

Ratings

According to the chart, Speed/Zone Covg/Man Covg only make up a total of 16% of a MLB's OVR rating.


Yeah agreed. It's best to only switch positions within a position group (with the exception of pass rushing OLB to DE which also works) since there will be some attributes where the player has scrub ratings which actually contribute significantly to his overall if you move him to a completely different position.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old Man Nathy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #263
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Block shedding and power/finesse moves are what's killing his overall, possibly tackle as well. Usually a good coverage LB makes for a good run stopping SS but to move a safety to lb is a bit trickier due to the rush skills and tackle difference between a linebacker and a safety
his tackling is pretty good. that is why i thought he was a good candidate. plus he had the #1 bench press in the draft for SS. His combine actually was the most well rounded out of all the SS. I am going to see if i can get his block shedding up and see what happens. i will he had superstar develop. i would just start him and give him a year or 2.
infinite76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #264
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 2 Out Now!

Is there an easy way to copy my Draft Class from 1.1 to 2.0?
motel08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Top -