Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Is there a way to use this spreadsheet on mobile? Maybe via GoogleDocs... idk. I am setup logistically in such a way that all my games are downstairs and office upstairs, so I want to save time by getting the tool on my phone.
It works if your tablet or phone screen is big enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #346
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Is there a way to use this spreadsheet on mobile? Maybe via GoogleDocs... idk. I am setup logistically in such a way that all my games are downstairs and office upstairs, so I want to save time by getting the tool on my phone.
If you have office 365 you can. Just download the excel app and sign in. On the home cpu make sure you save it to the "one drive" cloud and it will be there on your phone.

I have on my phone, iPad, home laptop, job laptop.... etc! I'm tapping my vain like a junky over here! Lol!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks

Last edited by DaBklynWay902; 10-28-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #347
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
BRO!!!! WR Andres Smith 80 OVR 4.33 40 time selected with the last pick of the 5th round! CRAZY!!! What a steal! WOW! He must have had some negative draft stories that made him drop.
Haha, I know right!? Little background, A. Smith was a projected 7th round player, and I have no idea why. I forgot to look at the draft stories, but I don't think a bad story would have dropped him that far. Just one of those late-round gems I guess! This was by far my best draft pick yet; getting an 80 OVR player who is the #6 player overall this draft in the 5th round? The Browns should hire me right now haha. I made sure to draft him two rounds ahead of where he was projected because his skills were good and his combine was amazing; didn't want to regret waiting much longer and possibly have another team take him. He has 96 speed and 96 acceleration with good starting receiver skills...should have been a top-10 projected pick. I'll take it!

OMN, any idea why he would be projected so late? I've gotten steals before, but never the #6 overall player projected to be a 7th rounder...
Old 10-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #348
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
Haha, I know right!? Little background, A. Smith was a projected 7th round player, and I have no idea why. I forgot to look at the draft stories, but I don't think a bad story would have dropped him that far. Just one of those late-round gems I guess! This was by far my best draft pick yet; getting an 80 OVR player who is the #6 player overall this draft in the 5th round? The Browns should hire me right now haha. I made sure to draft him two rounds ahead of where he was projected because his skills were good and his combine was amazing; didn't want to regret waiting much longer and possibly have another team take him. He has 96 speed and 96 acceleration with good starting receiver skills...should have been a top-10 projected pick. I'll take it!

OMN, any idea why he would be projected so late? I've gotten steals before, but never the #6 overall player projected to be a 7th rounder...
THATS JUST AN AMAZING PICK! It HAD to be a horrible draft story.

Late round gem? More like the Hope Diamond! Lol!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #349
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
THATS JUST AN AMAZING PICK! It HAD to be a horrible draft story.

Late round gem? More like the Hope Diamond! Lol!
I should change his name to Diamond Hope, how awesome would that be?
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #350
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89

Yeah it's pretty rare to find guys that good that late. That's probably the biggest steal I've seen!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #351
Rookie

This is right up my alley, gonna try this out soon and simulate multiple seasons. I really can't play as the Browns because I'm a Steelers fan, but I will pick another crappy team to try and rebuild.

Just making a comment about scouting for potential position switches, that is a nice element to maybe find a few extra prospects that may not grade out initially.

I would generally agree with what was stated about switching positions to stay within position groups except for 3-4 Rush OLB to DE if you run 4-3.

But I also think a Speed Rusher type DE to 3-4 OLB could also work. Thoughts on that?

Of course it will be dependent on specific attributes, but generally when making that switch the OVR drops by about 2 points from what I noticed.

So if we are targeting 75 and above OVR, he comes in at 75 and drops to 73 not that bad. Of course if you miss on that player it changes, but that is a risk with any player I guess. Just thought I would throw that out there it may be something else to consider if you run a 3-4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #352
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
This is right up my alley, gonna try this out soon and simulate multiple seasons. I really can't play as the Browns because I'm a Steelers fan, but I will pick another crappy team to try and rebuild.

Just making a comment about scouting for potential position switches, that is a nice element to maybe find a few extra prospects that may not grade out initially.

I would generally agree with what was stated about switching positions to stay within position groups except for 3-4 Rush OLB to DE if you run 4-3.

But I also think a Speed Rusher type DE to 3-4 OLB could also work. Thoughts on that?

Of course it will be dependent on specific attributes, but generally when making that switch the OVR drops by about 2 points from what I noticed.

So if we are targeting 75 and above OVR, he comes in at 75 and drops to 73 not that bad. Of course if you miss on that player it changes, but that is a risk with any player I guess. Just thought I would throw that out there it may be something else to consider if you run a 3-4.
Happens quite a bit in the NFL. Seahawks did that with Bruce Irvin. Drafted him as a speed rushing DE. Didn't work well out for him with his hand on the turf, so they moved him to an 4-3 speed OLB and he did well in the transition.

Hawks are notorious for drafting a player at one position and having him start at another. I think half of the OL was drafted as DL players.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »