Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2016, 12:32 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
V3 (which I'm now hoping to release tomorrow actually) will help you as it will divide guys into blue chip prospects 75+ ovr) and red chip (70-74 OVR). This will give you far more options in the later rounds, particularly if other people in your league have discovered this tool.

In v2 you can lower the criteria in the scouting requirements tab. You can edit any field with a value but it won't work if you add a value to a cell that was previously blank. However, I'd caution against this: the set of criteria in the tool are based off a giant version of the spreadsheet I have where I've captured about 2500 prospects across about 20-25 draft classes. The criteria are set based on a very large sample size of data and changing them may result in a load of scrubs "getting through the door". Up to you though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect, V3 sounds exactly what I was hoping for. Used the sheet tonight for our draft, did well for me. I'll post the link once I have 5 posts.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #418
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Thanks for the kind words guys, really appreciate your support (and especially appreciate you helping me out by uploading completed sheets so I can continue to improve the tool further!).

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #419
Rookie

ganzlocc's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words guys, really appreciate your support (and especially appreciate you helping me out by uploading completed sheets so I can continue to improve the tool further!).
Your Welcome!! The pleasure is ours!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Michigan St. Spartans
Old 11-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #420
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
You're welcome my brother! I think everyone in the thread should change your name to "You the Man Nathy"

Now hurry up with V3 Lol! Just Kidding!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #421
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
You're welcome my brother! I think everyone in the thread should change your name to "You the Man Nathy"

Now hurry up with V3 Lol! Just Kidding!
Everybody now: "You the Man Nathy! You the MAN Nathy! YOU THE MAN NATHY!!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #422
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
Everybody now: "You the Man Nathy! You the MAN Nathy! YOU THE MAN NATHY!!!"
LMAO! That's what I'm talking about!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 11-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #423
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Right then you lucky lot, Old Man Nathy Claus has delivered you an early Christmas present: Version 3 is OUT NOW ! Check out the original post for download links etc. More details below:

***New for Version 3!***
  • Red Chips and Blue Chips! The Draft Status feature is now less binary. Instead of just showing Blue Chip prospects as draftable (i.e. players who will likely be at least 75 OVR), it will now highlight 'Red Chip' prospects (70-74 OVR).
  • Draft Class Strength Analysis Tab: Once you have fully scouted at least 20 prospects, the tool will generate some stats, graphs etc. that compare your particular draft class to the average Madden 17 CFM draft class. This will help guide you in terms of whether to gather picks for a particularly strong class, and which areas of the team you should seek to strengthen in Free Agency rather than through the draft.
  • Height now affects True Value Rating: Some positions like Receiver or Corner are very affected by the height of players. Previously, the tool gave equal standing to a 5'9 WR and a 6'6 WR with the same stats, when clearly in game, the 6'6 receiver would be the more effective performer. Now, Height can impact TVR.
  • More scouting criteria tweaks than you can shake a stick at. I was documenting them all, but I made so many that I gave up. But basically, the Blue Chip criteria are now extremely mature.
  • True Value Rating algorithm tweaked to further normalise it across positions.

Moving in-flight draft classes from V2 to V3:
There shouldn't be any issues moving data from Version 2 of the tool to Version 3. Far fewer changes in terms of data you're expected to input than there were between versions 1 and 2 of the tool! Refer to the image album below and follow these steps:
  1. Refer to these images to help you understand the following steps: http://imgur.com/a/fT8y4
  2. Open both your existing (version 2) tool spreadsheet, and your new, brand spanking new V3 of the tool.
  3. On your V2 sheet, unlock the main 'CFM Scouting Tool' worksheet (ignore this step if you're using the unprotected version of the V2 tool)
  4. On the V2 sheet, insert a new column between 'Age' (column E) and 'Draft Story' (column F). N.B. This is where Height gets input in V3 of the tool.
  5. On your V2 tool, highlight all the cells where you have input data in the main sheet. Only highlight between rows 2 and 401, and columns A and R. DON'T HIGHLIGHT DRAFT STATUS, TVR, DRAFT BOARD RANKING ETC.!
  6. Copy the highlighted cells.
  7. Switch over to V3 of the tool and select cell A2.
  8. Use Paste Values in the paste dropdown menu in the main 'Home' section of the Excel toolbar. N.B. you should use paste values since a standard paste operation will mess up the conditional formatting in V3.
  9. You'll probably see some previously undraftable prospects come "back to life" in V3 of the tool as potential red chips. So you may need to go back to Madden and update your watch list and scout some more players!

Preview Images:
Here is a little preview of V3 of the tool (N.B. this is an incomplete draft class):

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #424
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3 Out Now!

Is there a way to use this tool without excel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »