Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-04-2016, 02:56 AM   #465
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Why can't you Put below a D in the Grade columns? I actually scouted someone where his third skill was an F but was pacing Blue Chip before that, couldnt put a grade in so I actually just left it blank cause that put him lower than a D would have. Was that an oversight?

Yeah it was. Honestly didn't know it went down to F when I first built the tool and it was too much aggravation to change it, especially since anyone with an F probably shouldn't be drafted anyway. Only ever seen it for awareness in kickers and punters so just put a d instead of an F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #466
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Hi guys,

I've just uploaded version 3.1 to the OP as I noticed there was a minor bug in v3.0 that caused loads of Guards to be designated as Risky Picks. Also added some input messages on the editable fields on the main tab so that first time users find it a bit less daunting.

If you're copying across from V3 to V3.1, you don't need to do anything special, just make sure you use paste values, not the default paste option.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #467
Rookie

Source http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/04...inside-numbers

"30
The number of draft day trades New England has made combined in the past eight drafts (2008-15), including seven in 2009 and 2010, three in 2008, four in 2011 and 2012, two in 2013 and 2015 and one in 2014.

The number of draft-day trades by Bill Belichick in his 16 drafts with the Patriots. In the 16 drafts prior to 2000 (1984-99), New England engaged in 24 draft-day trades."

I guess Belichik is cheesing the AI then as well?

OMN - I will probably do my season 3 draft tonight, not 100% sure but if I do I will upload all results. Would you want the players OVR listed for that player's particular scheme? For my team I will just list their OVR in my scheme, but for the CPU players I mean?

Last edited by burth179; 11-04-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Add a point
Old 11-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #468
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Source http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/04...inside-numbers

"30
The number of draft day trades New England has made combined in the past eight drafts (2008-15), including seven in 2009 and 2010, three in 2008, four in 2011 and 2012, two in 2013 and 2015 and one in 2014.

The number of draft-day trades by Bill Belichick in his 16 drafts with the Patriots. In the 16 drafts prior to 2000 (1984-99), New England engaged in 24 draft-day trades."

I guess Belichik is cheesing the AI then as well?

OMN - I will probably do my season 3 draft tonight, not 100% sure but if I do I will upload all results. Would you want the players OVR listed for that player's particular scheme? For my team I will just list their OVR in my scheme, but for the CPU players I mean?
Lol. I think you misunderstood. There is no way in hell you could get the value you get in Madden in real life. Trading picks or for picks isn't the cheesing part. It's the value you get back that is. Again to each their own. It's your game, play as you see fit. But to think the cpu trade logic in Madden is anywhere near close to realistic is a bit delusional.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #469
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Cool, yeah if you could upload that would be great. Ideally it would be good to know players default OVRs in a balanced scheme, but I'm not that precious as I know it would be a huge ballache. If you're flicking through the draft recap screen and see a player who looks like a bit of an outlier in terms of their OVR compared to their status/TVR in the tool, you can double check by clicking the right stick and seeing their player card which will tell you their default OVR rather than scheme-specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Lol. I think you misunderstood. There is no way in hell you could get the value you get in Madden in real life. Trading picks or for picks isn't the cheesing part. It's the value you get back that is. Again to each their own. It's your game, play as you see fit. But to think the cpu trade logic in Madden is anywhere near close to realistic is a bit delusional.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm not going to judge anybody for how they play the game as long as they're enjoying it. I personally choose to try and play as realistically as possible in my CFM and impose all sorts of house rules on myself, but that's my choice.

I actually got a fair bit of abuse on Reddit when I first posted this tool because people thought it was cheating and drafting was already too easy (admittedly, this has died down probably after the draft class tuning updates made drafting twice as hard though).

Old 11-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #470
Rookie

I understand what you mean, I probably do abuse it, but that is the game's fault lol.

Having said that I don't think it's quite that bad, but there are some things I am going to stop doing that were definitely cheesy (like guys I'm gonna cut getting a future 7th, then turning that into a future 4th or 5th, etc)
Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #471
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Cool, yeah if you could upload that would be great. Ideally it would be good to know players default OVRs in a balanced scheme, but I'm not that precious as I know it would be a huge ballache. If you're flicking through the draft recap screen and see a player who looks like a bit of an outlier in terms of their OVR compared to their status/TVR in the tool, you can double check by clicking the right stick and seeing their player card which will tell you their default OVR rather than scheme-specific.
Well that would actually be easier, I can just temporarily set my scheme to all balanced (3-4V or 4-3 Balanced D-end?), and then jot down which team took which player and check the overalls without any screen switching.

One thing is that I scout position switching so a handful of players (usually DE to DT or LT/RT switch) may be listed as the other position when I'm drafting. I can switch them back to their actual position before I upload though (though it could cause a few to go to not draft status).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #472
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Alright quick question, in the playoffs of season 1 at the moment. I started using the tool @ week 12, but i control all 32 teams in sim (I play 1 random game a week) so I was able to input all 351 players into the tool.

My question is, how do i take pictures of the drafts classes?
Not sure how i'm gonna do it yet, but I plan to upload the draft class in the scouting tool + pictures of actual players if I can so you can recieve more data.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »