Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-05-2016, 01:20 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Any plan to add Broad Jump Combine Scores to the Scouting Tool? Or does that not really mean nothing?

Also the Punter i mentioned earlier with the F grading, I put in a D, and filled out his entire scouting report, and it still says to scout further. I don't know what to do here.
dont draft FBs, P and Ks... not worth it. Save your points.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:06 AM   #498
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
OMN,

I noticed you moved DTs and TEs from post-combine scouting to pre-combine.

This is nice - I always felt like cramming 4 positions (2 of which usually have lots of players) into the offseason scouting weeks was a little tight. It was hard to fit them all in.
Yeah, I made the criteria a bit less harsh in terms of combine scores for those positions, so it made sense to scout them pre-combine. Plus the fact that there are usually too many CBs and WRs to scout to cover TEs and DTs too after W2 of Free Agency.

Quote:
Can't tell if this is a positive or negative story, I see how it could be both:

tweet: "I can't see the reason for all the recent love for Justin Saturday. He's one injury away from playing poorly again."

Story: Playing through injury

Draft experts are moving UP RT Justin Saturday after seeing him play at 100%

the tweet is kind of negative ish but the story is positive so I guess that would be a positive story?

ALSO: something about this DT not being invited to the Combine due to ineligiblity, went to put in his combine scores then I realized he was the player that didnt' attend, but even though I still went to look he wasn't even on the draft list anymore, I can't find him it's like he completely disappeared. Thought I'd share that piece of information
That story tends to be a positive one in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
It ain't much but I attached that list provided by darkraiusa in an Excel document and added avg and median points per round. Thought you could maybe use those values for assessing how much future picks are worth, or something close to it.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34
I haven't used V 3 yet, but in the draft just completed with V2, the X in "player drafted" column wouldn't grey out the entire row for many of the players. Not sure if anyone had nentioned that as a bug.

Observations:

1. Only 12.5% (28/224) had slow (4), Quick (15), or SS (9) Development. Not sure if others are seeing that or this was a overall bad draft.

2. Players underperforming their projections did prove to be not great "overall" guys, but several UD projected guys showed to be valuable guys.

Now 2 questions. ..

How do you account for or take into consideration the "awareness factor in regards to overall? Its almost always the biggest factor of a player's OVR and almost never a top skill. It is also one of the cheapest to acquire.

Related to that... Play Req for safeties/CB is also very cheap, and think many FS/SS might slide up. Knowing the cost of that skill id be ok with a dumber guy in some instances.
If some of the conditional formatting isn't working it's probably because you pasted some data in there using the normal paste function, not paste values. But I think Google Sheets has some issues with conditional formatting, so that could be what's happened if you're not in Excel.

Interesting info about dev traits, cheers.

No way of predicting awareness as it's almost never a scouted skill. It's treated like other unknown attributes in that it's estimated to be X amount lower than the lowest scouted skill grade, where X is determined by a player's talent round (reason being, early 1st rounders are much more likely to have some good hidden skills than UDFAs). This is partly how TVR is calculated.

Quote:
Any plan to add Broad Jump Combine Scores to the Scouting Tool? Or does that not really mean nothing?

Also the Punter i mentioned earlier with the F grading, I put in a D, and filled out his entire scouting report, and it still says to scout further. I don't know what to do here.
Broad Jump doesn't correlate properly to any stat, just seems to have a slight impact on strength. Thought I'd save people the effort of entering it as it doesn't seem to affect much in terms of stats.

Yeah, I forgot to put F in there when I first wrote the tool, and now it will be a massive ball ache to change it. Just put D instead when you find an F.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #499
Rookie

I posted about the WR who won the Heisman, but was graded out as a CB instead.

Well after the draft, I was curious and edited him to a WR....he came out to a whopping 46OVR.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #500
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
I posted about the WR who won the Heisman, but was graded out as a CB instead.

Well after the draft, I was curious and edited him to a WR....he came out to a whopping 46OVR.
I've seen this story as well but it was flipped. He won as a CB but graded out as a WR. I was super stoked thinking a Charles Woodson type athlete was in the game and with position switching he could play both depending on team need. But, as you already noted on yours, when I changed him he was a garbage CB. Bummer. I was really excited about the possibility.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #501
Rookie

Here is my draft results, all in balanced schemes (4-3 Balanced End)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden.zip (2.66 MB, 14 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #502
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Here is my draft results, all in balanced schemes (4-3 Balanced End)
Thanks man.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #503
Rookie

KA-CHING

Decided to let my star TE walk. He was 99 overall, but was going to be 30 going into the new season.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #504
Rookie

I'm thinking of experimenting with scouting order and not scouting red chips further until the blue chips are identified. Basically just go down the draft board and scout as far as I can pre-combine (QB exception to the rule I think), then check the late round guys for physicals and scout accordingly. I'll see how it goes.

I guess the theory is that I'd rather have a smaller board but try to identify all of the blue chips, than have a larger board but possibly missing out on a few blue chips.

And also for red chips, not going to fully scout the potential red chips in the 1st round for sure, and maybe the 2nd and 3rd as well. The theory being I want a definite blue chip in 1st round and can save scouting to identify red chips in the mid-late rounds.

Also used the trade sheet and made a deal that was like within 2 points of each other (like a 2nd and 2 4ths for a late first and a future pick something like that). I tried a few other fair deals CPU even had small advantage according to sheet but they denied.

Last edited by burth179; 11-05-2016 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Add a point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »