Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #521
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
If we do a value copy from sheet to sheet, we should be ok, right?

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 AM   #522
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
I didn't get around to copying all the numbers down (I do love this scouting tool thing you've made, great work!,) but I do have one anomaly to share:

By all rights that TE should be pretty good. He looks like a statistical outlier. Must have some terrible run blocking, route running, release etc. stats.

Madden throws in red herrings occasionally who should be a lot worse or better than their stats and unlocked skills suggest. But I'm kind of ok with that as it makes it more realistic and less of an exact science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #523
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Check post 490 in this thread
Thanks my brother, don't know how i missed that!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks

Last edited by DaBklynWay902; 11-07-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #524
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I attached a draft strategy guide for anyone that is interested. Focus on identifying all blue chips, and late round red chips with good physical attributes.
I don't like this method, it's going to leave late round picks unscouted. There's easy enough ways to scout all the blue chips and many of the later round red-chips (early round red-chips are pointless since you don't want to pick them until all your blue chips are off the board, and by then the early rounders will be gone).
Old 11-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #525
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
I don't like this method, it's going to leave late round picks unscouted. There's easy enough ways to scout all the blue chips and many of the later round red-chips (early round red-chips are pointless since you don't want to pick them until all your blue chips are off the board, and by then the early rounders will be gone).
Ok fair enough, thanks for your feedback.

When you say "easy enough methods", what exactly are those methods?

Because prior to this going through by position as OMN recommended I was never able to fully scout every single player for blue chip potential.

Now I mean if you skip position groups or just automatically skip certain player types, etc, then that is different. I can do that easy enough. But prior to this method trying to scout every player on the board, I was not able to. Now I can.

When you say leaving late round picks un-scouted, I don't believe that is true but I would like to hear your explanation as to why you feel that is the case.

The post combine scouting focuses on identifying all players in the last 2 rounds that have blue chip physical attributes, with red chip skills. Probably the best "red chip" guys to go after IMO.

For me it's not about quantity, it's about quality and thinking of when the right time to take a red chip is. Which for me is the final 2 rounds of the draft.

But as I said in the document, maybe it is not an efficient method and is a work in progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #526
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I attached a draft strategy guide for anyone that is interested. Focus on identifying all blue chips, and late round red chips with good physical attributes.
Not a bad write up. About how many prospects were you able to scout and were there still options late? The main reason I ask is I usually never load up on picks and like drafting all the way through the rounds. Trading late picks, as you know, can feel cheap. Just wanted to know if you have options all the way through the draft with your method.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #527
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Not a bad write up. About how many prospects were you able to scout and were there still options late? The main reason I ask is I usually never load up on picks and like drafting all the way through the rounds. Trading late picks, as you know, can feel cheap. Just wanted to know if you have options all the way through the draft with your method.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I didn't actually draft yet, but I was able to identify 41 total prospects. All 23 blue chips, and 18 red chips, I would suspect in a stronger draft you'd still have about the same amount of prospects identified, but with a larger distribution of blue chips using this method.

Here is the distribution by projected round (not talent round).

1E - 6 Blue, 3 Red
1M - 5 Blue
1L - 7 Blue, 4 Red
2E - 1 Blue, 1 Red
2M - 1 Red
2L - 1 Blue
3E - 1 Red
4L - 1 Red, 1 Blue
5M - 1 Blue
6E - 3 Red
6M - 1 Red
6L - 1 Blue, 1 Red
7M - 2 Red

I was able to fully scout the guys I identified in the late rounds, except for 1 guy I ran out of points. But that's not bad, as you can see about 6 or 7 red chips and 1 blue chip were added to my board when scouting the guys with the blue chip combine results.

Last edited by burth179; 11-07-2016 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Add a point
Old 11-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #528
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't actually draft yet, but I was able to identify 41 total prospects. All 23 blue chips, and 18 red chips, I would suspect in a stronger draft you'd still have about the same amount of prospects identified, but with a larger distribution of blue chips using this method.

Here is the distribution by projected round (not talent round).

1E - 6 Blue, 3 Red
1M - 5 Blue
1L - 7 Blue, 4 Red
2E - 1 Blue, 1 Red
2M - 1 Red
2L - 1 Blue
3E - 1 Red
4L - 1 Red, 1 Blue
5M - 1 Blue
6E - 3 Red
6M - 1 Red
6L - 1 Blue, 1 Red
7M - 2 Red

I was able to fully scout the guys I identified in the late rounds, except for 1 guy I ran out of points. But that's not bad, as you can see about 6 or 7 red chips and 1 blue chip were added to my board when scouting the guys with the blue chip combine results.
i usually end up with about 30 to 40 draftable players and i dont think i ever had more than 20 blue chips. but i also dont scout (barely scout) position groups i am set on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »