Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #537
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan56
Hey guys, wanted some thoughts on this prospect I'm torn on. Still don't have the combine information but these are his stats:

QB 216lbs HT: 6'0 AGE: 21 Type: Mobile Projected Early 3rd Talent: Mid 4th
Throw Power: A Throw on the Run: B TA Short: B

Excel, based on these stats, says blue chip prospect. Thoughts? Could be a steal
I concur with OMN draft him if you like him. All 3 QBs on my roster are mid-round blue chip prospect draft picks. All 3 came in at 74, 2 had Quick dev (one did have slow, but still a 74 rated backup QB is solid enough). I think they were even later than round 3 (at least 2 of the 3 definitely were).
Old 11-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #538
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Also in the draft itself, you might find that a UDFA you like isn't even available to select since only a limited number of UDFAs will display on the draft board. Really annoying. For this reason, I don't recommend scouting UDFAs unless you have loads of points to spare
Yeah if that is the case probably best avoided, but I was just curious if maybe adding to your shortlist will ensure he's draft-able come draft time? Or if it doesn't matter at all. Probably a bit risky to spend points on guys your not even sure you will be able to draft.

In response to the people who who stated they skip position groups, etc. That is totally logical and I found myself doing that before, or either that or partially skipping multiple groups. OMN's current method works just fine and worked for me just fine.

I was just looking to experiment with a different scouting style. In fact some could argue I'm wasting scouting on trying to fit every player into my defensive scheme (via position switching) and checking every single player for blue chip potential.

But I did find a few OLB that project well at MLB (and MLB is the like the hardest position for me to find so far), and big run-stopper DEs with the right strength I have had success in making DT. And even a RZ Threat Receiver I turned into a TE and is a beast (he's the highest rated player on my team at 92 now). So to me I guess it's worth it to try to find these guys.

But anyway, after 4 drafts I feel like I'm mostly set at every position now, at least until some of my guys are gonna start demanding bigger money. Salary cap has not even been close to an issue for me yet because I've been in rebuild mode, not re-signing players and replacing them all with draftees/free agent rookies.

So for this coming season I was looking for ways to draft best available and identify all blue chip. Since I don't really have any "needs". All my starters are rated between 80-85 now, except for a few guys that are above that (4 before the season but my one rookie WR who came in at 75 won rookie of the year and is now 87 rated, so now I have 5)

Last edited by burth179; 11-08-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add something, and not to clog up the thread with more multiple posts
Old 11-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #539
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I like that idea, leave the tooltip on the first row but remove it from the rest if possible.

As for UDFAs, has anyone ever found a blue chip prospect in UDFA? I have never scouted UDFA and was curious, thanks.
I've only found 2 red chips through undrafted at the moment.

However in my current draft class I have come across many potential blue chip undrafted at the moment, will wait til the combine to let you know.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #540
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
I've only found 2 red chips through undrafted at the moment.

However in my current draft class I have come across many potential blue chip undrafted at the moment, will wait til the combine to let you know.
Cool thanks. I'm wondering if certain positions should never be scouted for UDFA because the tool automatically says do not draft if their talent round is UDFA. Namely FB, CB, and DL.

Also it seems if a QB is blue chip, you can still draft with talent round as UDFA, but if he's only red chip the tool says "Do not draft". Is that right OMN?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #541
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Hi gents, I've updated the blog and turned it into a series that provides lots of advanced guidance for using the tool. I've also moved to Wordpress as Blogspot is the worst web content management tool ever conceived by mankind.

Here are the links:
  1. Part 1: Introduction
  2. Part 2: Data Input
  3. Part 3: Scouting Tips
  4. Part 4: Blue Chip Criteria
  5. Part 5: Red Chip Criteria
  6. Part 6: Off-Season Planning
  7. Part 7: Draft Day

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #542
Rookie

Nanthy, I can't believe all of the work that you've put in to this. And the work that others have done giving you loads of classes to analyze. This tool is awesome, and I can't wait to start using it!

I did have one question. I don't know how much success anyone has had modifying this tool, but is it possible to add extra sheets? I was hoping to have one for my Big Board, but then additional sheets that breakdown by position.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #543
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjr Lee Fat
Nanthy, I can't believe all of the work that you've put in to this. And the work that others have done giving you loads of classes to analyze. This tool is awesome, and I can't wait to start using it!

I did have one question. I don't know how much success anyone has had modifying this tool, but is it possible to add extra sheets? I was hoping to have one for my Big Board, but then additional sheets that breakdown by position.
i wouldnt modiify it. he has a ton of things going on in the background. plus tab 2 in the sheet has a position breakdown in it. once you finish the sheet before the draft, you have everything you need to make educated decisions.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #544
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjr Lee Fat

I thought about having separate sheets per position, but concluded it would be a better user experience to only have the one sheet (even though it presented a bit of a challenge in terms of getting all the formulae to work). You could use filters on the main sheet to look at things on a position-by-position basis, or just copy and paste the data into other sheets. But I'm not planning to separate by position for any future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Cool thanks. I'm wondering if certain positions should never be scouted for UDFA because the tool automatically says do not draft if their talent round is UDFA. Namely FB, CB, and DL.

Also it seems if a QB is blue chip, you can still draft with talent round as UDFA, but if he's only red chip the tool says "Do not draft". Is that right OMN?
Correct, some positions set players as "Do Not Draft" if their talent round is undrafted. This was the only variable that seemed to separate some good players from scrubs, but if you're scouting UDFAs at one of these positions, just don't enter talent round (or ignore the do not draft status).

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
OMN, regarding the tooltip; perhaps if there's a way to limit it to the first prospect entry row or the top row that specifies the input the spreadsheet is looking for in that column, it would be less annoying but still useful if the user highlights a cell in those top two rows. Food for thought.
Good idea, I'll do this for the next version.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »