Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Ok your last draft class (the one you did with v3.0 of the sheet) has officially scared the sh*t out of me. That is the craziest class I've ever seen: beastly players all over the place whose top skills were C+ and all sorts of stuff like that. I'm worried now that EA have put out a tuning update that basically invalidates a lot of my tool by making the draft far, far more random than before.

A couple of questions for you:

1. Are you certain you put in the OVRs and scouted skill values correctly?
2. Was that an online CFM or offline (online/cloud tend to get the tuning updates first)?
we also have to keep in mind of scheme. maybe his OVR are because they arent good scheme fits. For a long time, i was just drafting BPA but i realized i was bringing in LBs and CBs who werent a good fit. Once i went to scheme specific BPA, i feel like my latest draft class is pushing starters out of the way which is a sign of a solid class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #562
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy

Ah interesting... Let me know how he turns out. Have a strong suspicion he might be a statistical outlier and not turn out to be blue chip quality, but we'll see.

Yea he ended up being 68 Overall with normal development.

What do you do when a 'Do Not Draft' player has a higher TVR than another player on your board, do you select them over the other player. I know it has to do with position, so if the Do Not Draft is a C and the next person is a WR, then they won't exactly be equal in terms of their respective positions.

Last edited by darkraiusa; 11-11-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #563
Rookie

jcass10's Arena

OVR: 2

Quick question regarding the tool. Really I just want some clarification on something that seemed weird.

I scouted a 6th round corner with Man Coverage- B, Zone Coverage- C+ and Press- C. That made him a "Do Not Draft."

Just for fun, I made his press rating C+ in the tool and he became a Blue Chip prospect. Does the jump from C to C+ in Press Coverage really make that much of a difference?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #564
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Whoever asked earlier if you could find blue chips in the undrafted, I just put in combine scores and have officially found a player projected to go undrafted that the sheet is labeling a blue chip prospect. I'll make sure to keep you updated on his overall when he gets drafted. The position he plays is Tight End. His true value rating is 82.20.
That was me, thanks man!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #565
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Ah I see. I've been messing around with switching the positions of players (a 4-3 Run Stopper as a DT in the tool) and they'll suddenly jump to a blue chip prospect and I can see what you mean. As a 3-4 defensive end they'll grade out low but once I turn them into a DT (3-4 or 4-3) their high 60s rating suddenly turns into a mid-70s.
DE to DT switches are almost always golden if they have over 30 bench reps at the combine. They are often 5-8 points rated higher at DT. I drafted one scouted as DT, was 68 as RE but was 76 as a Nose Tackle.. So yeah I highly suggest converting DE to DT if they have the right physicals for it, and it makes sense (it's a 300+ pound guy)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #566
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Here's my 2nd draft class for you in zip format.

I noticed Post Draft OVR doesn't sort when u change the sorting type like everything else does.

That might be the case with that one guy's draft and the OVR's could just be out of place so they seem more random. I tried to sort by position to compare the positions at the end of the draft but I quickly realized this was the case.

I noticed a lot of Do Not Draft, not just one or two but about 5 or 6 or 7, too lazy to count, a lot of Corners had a 70 OVR rating, that's technically red chip status. Not sure if any slight adjustments can be made to compensate but just thought i'd throw that in there, although technically minor.

It did tell me not to draft a WR though based on his combine stats and he ended up being really good, the Patriots grabbed him at 76 OVR with Quick dev.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2017 Draft Class.zip (3.19 MB, 5 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #567
Rookie

Brand new to this website/forum but was hooked when I saw the scouting tool. Thank you so much for having included that and the countless hours it must've taken to put together!

That being said, I know you are interested in collecting data. I was able to secure a draft class with 3 first round picks, all above 77 and one 81 OVR CB with SS DEV.

You rock!
Old 11-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #568
Rookie

OMN - thanks for the explanation on the QB/FB thing.. I was just making sure it wasn't a typo or something.

Not sure if you saw a few pages back I had sort of my own strategy guide, well I sort of came up with a different method which sort of combines your standard way with some of my changes. I'm liking how it's working out for me.

Essentially I still scout in the same order you suggest, but I don't fully scout anyone until post combine. So if they are blue chip I scout 2 skills, red chips I don't scout further but will keep on my board if rounds 4-7.

I then make sure all my players on my board have "blue chip physicals", and only scout the unscouted CB/WR that have blue chip physicals.

So I can scout all the blue chips, but still have other options.

Rounds 1-3 - Only blue chips
Rounds 4-7 - Blue chips and Red chips (with blue chip physicals)

I was able to scout every player except for one, so I'm liking the method right now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »