Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #569
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Ok your last draft class (the one you did with v3.0 of the sheet) has officially scared the sh*t out of me. That is the craziest class I've ever seen: beastly players all over the place whose top skills were C+ and all sorts of stuff like that. I'm worried now that EA have put out a tuning update that basically invalidates a lot of my tool by making the draft far, far more random than before.

A couple of questions for you:

1. Are you certain you put in the OVRs and scouted skill values correctly?
2. Was that an online CFM or offline (online/cloud tend to get the tuning updates first)?
Now i am questioning myself, Im not home right now but ill go back and look, as i have that one saved still i think...i am fairly sure its accurate as far as data entry goes.

it is an offline CFM btw, but with whatever the usual most recent stuff is, to my knowledge.

one thing that i noticed, afterwards is my coach disappeared/retired and they gave me a new guy with a 3/4 scheme instead of the previous 4/3...but that would only affect LBs and DEs at worst?

there is definitely a higher "variance" lately that ive noticed, i just drafted another class this morning and noticed a few crazy ones, like a FS in the late 7th that had a C+ pursuit as their only unlocked rating, but was a 73 and superstar development.

totally making this up on the fly, but I wonder if they haven't put in a sort of "field leveler" aspect, because that was a guy drafted by a team that was awful, and had a huge whole in the secondary. Maybe I am overthinking it tho haha
Old 11-12-2016, 03:30 AM   #570
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this contribution to the Madden CFM community. Have of a couple pieces of feedback below:

-For whatever reason v3 doesn't tab right it tabs down now.

-Also noticed the accuracy has improved significantly with drafting safeties. Kudos.

If you're still needing data to be compiled for future versions I'd gladly assist with completed classes. Thanks again.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:36 AM   #571
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInTime952
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this contribution to the Madden CFM community. Have of a couple pieces of feedback below:

-For whatever reason v3 doesn't tab right it tabs down now.

-Also noticed the accuracy has improved significantly with drafting safeties. Kudos.

If you're still needing data to be compiled for future versions I'd gladly assist with completed classes. Thanks again.
Thanks man. Yeah still looking for more data if you've got it! Regarding the tabbing thing, I don't think there's a setting you can change in a spreadsheet itself to alter this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass10
Quick question regarding the tool. Really I just want some clarification on something that seemed weird.

I scouted a 6th round corner with Man Coverage- B, Zone Coverage- C+ and Press- C. That made him a "Do Not Draft."

Just for fun, I made his press rating C+ in the tool and he became a Blue Chip prospect. Does the jump from C to C+ in Press Coverage really make that much of a difference?

Thanks!
Statistically, yeah. Corners with a lowest grade of C are scrubs about 80% of the time. The flipside is that some good players end up marked as DND, but if his TVR is very high, you should still consider drafting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Here's my 2nd draft class for you in zip format.

I noticed Post Draft OVR doesn't sort when u change the sorting type like everything else does.

That might be the case with that one guy's draft and the OVR's could just be out of place so they seem more random. I tried to sort by position to compare the positions at the end of the draft but I quickly realized this was the case.

I noticed a lot of Do Not Draft, not just one or two but about 5 or 6 or 7, too lazy to count, a lot of Corners had a 70 OVR rating, that's technically red chip status. Not sure if any slight adjustments can be made to compensate but just thought i'd throw that in there, although technically minor.

It did tell me not to draft a WR though based on his combine stats and he ended up being really good, the Patriots grabbed him at 76 OVR with Quick dev.
Thanks man. Yeah there will always be some players who end up being good and marked as DND, and others who look like studs but end up being crap, particularly as the margins are so thin after the tuning updates and there appears to be an element of chance involved too. But doing my best to eliminate chance as much as possible. Need more data for red chips as the criteria need another release to fully mature, so thanks for posting that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
OMN - thanks for the explanation on the QB/FB thing.. I was just making sure it wasn't a typo or something.

Not sure if you saw a few pages back I had sort of my own strategy guide, well I sort of came up with a different method which sort of combines your standard way with some of my changes. I'm liking how it's working out for me.

Essentially I still scout in the same order you suggest, but I don't fully scout anyone until post combine. So if they are blue chip I scout 2 skills, red chips I don't scout further but will keep on my board if rounds 4-7.

I then make sure all my players on my board have "blue chip physicals", and only scout the unscouted CB/WR that have blue chip physicals.

So I can scout all the blue chips, but still have other options.

Rounds 1-3 - Only blue chips
Rounds 4-7 - Blue chips and Red chips (with blue chip physicals)

I was able to scout every player except for one, so I'm liking the method right now...
That's not a bad way of doing things actually, as you'll make sure you don't miss any blue chips, but equally don't waste picks on red chips in the early rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldogabd
Now i am questioning myself, Im not home right now but ill go back and look, as i have that one saved still i think...i am fairly sure its accurate as far as data entry goes.

it is an offline CFM btw, but with whatever the usual most recent stuff is, to my knowledge.

one thing that i noticed, afterwards is my coach disappeared/retired and they gave me a new guy with a 3/4 scheme instead of the previous 4/3...but that would only affect LBs and DEs at worst?

there is definitely a higher "variance" lately that ive noticed, i just drafted another class this morning and noticed a few crazy ones, like a FS in the late 7th that had a C+ pursuit as their only unlocked rating, but was a 73 and superstar development.

totally making this up on the fly, but I wonder if they haven't put in a sort of "field leveler" aspect, because that was a guy drafted by a team that was awful, and had a huge whole in the secondary. Maybe I am overthinking it tho haha
Thanks man. Most classes have one or two statistical anomalies that throw the tool out (i.e. blue chippers who turn out to be useless, DNDs who turn out to be good), but your class has like 12 of them, which is why I've got a bit panicked.

I ran a season yesterday to make sure there's no tuning update (was doing some draft story impact research too), and I think you just had a really, really weird draft class.

Player archetype and your scheme does affect the OVR you see on the draft recap screen, but if you look at the player card, you see his 'true' in-game OVR rather than a scheme adjusted one. But the OVR will only go up or down by about 3 maximum, so that doesn't account for all the outliers you had in your draft class.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

Last edited by Old Man Nathy; 11-12-2016 at 03:42 AM. Reason: More replies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 04:27 AM   #572
Rookie

Awesome.

Here's the first of ten draft classes I did as the Niners utilizing v3. Cloud based, solo.

Overalls denoted with an asterisk are quick or better. Overalls denoted with a minus were slow.

I can also provided shots of the guys I drafted as well. Let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 49ers 2016 Season Draft.zip (2.66 MB, 19 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 04:31 AM   #573
Rookie

Forgot to attach the screenshots from Draft Day.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 49ers 2016 Draftboard (2).zip (5.33 MB, 9 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #574
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Here are the results from my first draft using the tool and I have to say, I love it!

I was too lazy to check the overalls of more players, so I just put down the ones I drafted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2026 Draft Class.zip (239.3 KB, 12 views)
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 11-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #575
Rookie

Here's my draft with a few notes:

1. All players OVR are matched to their player type listed on their card

2. You will notice 5 guys at the bottom where I left a few spaces. Those are guys that I scouted position switches for. Just to show what their OVR would be with a position switch. In the main batch I left those guys as their original position and listed their OVR. So those guys are listed twice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden.zip (2.53 MB, 6 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #576
Rookie

Help!!!! So how does this work. We take our draft class results and plug them in and then what does the tool tell us that we dont know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »