Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #785
Rookie

Solofunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T SHARE 18
Has anyone ever come across the scouting information changing for a player during the season or before the draft? I just had a few players I've scouted go from early and mid 1st in talent round to mid 2nd. I also had a sim season where I got fired and picked a new team and re scouted a player that had different grades from what I scouted with the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drafts stories throughout the season can affect projected round, dev trait, and overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #786
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solofunk
Drafts stories throughout the season can affect projected round, dev trait, and overall

Thanks, but I checked the draft stories and didn't see any of those players in them. A user resigned from the league and the next advance those players talent round changed. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with anything, but that was the first time I've seen something like that happen.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #787
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Thanks, but I checked the draft stories and didn't see any of those players in them. A user resigned from the league and the next advance those players talent round changed. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with anything, but that was the first time I've seen something like that happen.

Draft stories can move players up or down boards by anything up to 3 rounds, but other players who were on the cusp of a different round may move too as a result. For example a late first round player may drop to early second if a player originally projected as a late 2nd rounder wins the heisman, rises up draft boards and displaces him in the late first.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #788
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Draft stories can move players up or down boards by anything up to 3 rounds, but other players who were on the cusp of a different round may move too as a result. For example a late first round player may drop to early second if a player originally projected as a late 2nd rounder wins the heisman, rises up draft boards and displaces him in the late first.

I had an early 1st drop to mid 2nd. We are only in week 7. There have been 4 draft stories so far, 2 positive and 2 negative for other players at other positions. Should I stay away from the players that dropped? One was a 22 yr QB A THP, B+ TAS, B- TAM. I really need a QB and he was the best of the bunch.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #789
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I had an early 1st drop to mid 2nd. We are only in week 7. There have been 4 draft stories so far, 2 positive and 2 negative for other players at other positions. Should I stay away from the players that dropped? One was a 22 yr QB A THP, B+ TAS, B- TAM. I really need a QB and he was the best of the bunch.

Its very similar to real life.. Some projected first round players from this year are no longer projected as first rounders currently. My guess is his position will move again before the draft. His stats look fine, and unless you see a story on him, that would be the only thing that should affect his development. Once you get to the post season stuff, scout his attributes further and see what the guide says as far as drafting as a blue or red chip prospect. If you really need a QB, I say grab the guy with the best attributes. If he drops a round or two, then you've saved yourself from using a higher pick for him.

Keep in mind, Physical attributes are better to consider than skills as far as XP costs... Meaning take that THP any day over TA. You can't teach an arm to be stronger (for cheap, in Madden anyway :P)
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #790
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

One small rant I have about the Heisman (probably already been mentioned, but I started following this thread in the early 70's ish pages):

I've only ever seen a DB or a WR win the Heisman...

I know they don't want to make it glaring that a certain QB (or RB) will be a SS dev. and all, but this isn't realistic at ALL. DBs seem to win the most which is ridiculous. On a similar note I hardly ever see draft stories on QBs in general anymore. Makes their dev. traits pretty much a crap shoot from what I can tell, anything I'm missing here?

/rant
Old 12-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #791
Rookie

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I have a FS projected late 1st round with B+/B+/B and its a combination of Hit Power, ZCOV, and PUR (can't remember the order). Combine stats are off the chart and he grades out at >99 on the scouting tool. Is this too good to be true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #792
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax25
Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I have a FS projected late 1st round with B+/B+/B and its a combination of Hit Power, ZCOV, and PUR (can't remember the order). Combine stats are off the chart and he grades out at >99 on the scouting tool. Is this too good to be true?

No if you are looking at this player take him if he's there I had a 4 Round CB in talent and projection that rated 92.33 and was 6th overall on my big board I tried to wait till round 2 to grab him n he went 5 picks after my first to my delivision rival so don't let him pass the CB I lost was 78 overall with quick Dev

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »