Home

Just way to many tackles for loss in running game.

This is a discussion on Just way to many tackles for loss in running game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Just way to many tackles for loss in running game.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice this. It is becoming more and more frustrating game after game. This is in Franchise playing Play of the moment. My Browns playing Philly. Mathews has 16 carries, Sproiles 5 carries. Mathews has a total of 36 yds gained. Out of his 16 carries, he was stuffed behind the LOS 9 times, either for no gain or a loss of 2 or more. Sproiles has 12 yds. and TFL behind the LOS 3 times.. 21 carries, 12 for tackles behind LOS.

For the Browns. Crowell has 20 carries, and 45 yds, tackled for loss or no gain 8 times. Johnson has 10 carries and 28 yds. He stuffed behind the LOS 4 times. A total of 51 carries for both teams and 24 of those never reach the LOS.. Something is seriously wrong here.

Now I realize that this is only one game, but I have played many, many, more with different sliders trying everything and the running game is extremely inconsistent. It's either huge runs or hardly any at all. And yet, they can't get to the QB, very few sacks, But when running the ball, the LB, CB, or S are in the back field before the QB hands off the ball.

Every game results in each team having an ave. of 8 to 10 TFL. It is ridiculous. I can't be the only one experiencing this. I have tried every slider set, including many of my own, But it always results the same, Just to many TFL.. if anyone else has experienced this or has a solution, please advise. Between the freeze ups, the wind with the kicking game and the extremely unrealistic running game, I am ready to give up, I am hoping a patch will fix these issues, but I honestly have my doubts..

I have even tried assigning the generic GP's to the teams but nothing seems to matter. Maybe the game plays differently for those the play head to head or OL. But for how I play, I can not find a solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just way to many tackles for loss in running game.

The tackle for loss is something that EA is still missing. Every year the user team will lead TFL stat by huge margin. Real life game has 5 TFL avg. in game madden has 9 avg. after 16 game, you can do the math.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #3
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Part of it is also the difference between a computer and a human officiating/scoring. IRL, if you are tackled 6" behind the LOS, you are probably not going to be assessed a tackle for a loss or a sack, especially if you are the home team. In Madden, if you tackled 1" behind the LOS, it counts as a TFL or sack. That does not explain the whole discrepancy, but I generally see 1-3 plays/game IRL that would be called a TFL for Madden, and vice versa.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

a high tackle slider allows defenders to shed blocks unrealistically fast

If you lower it you'll start seeing less plays that result in Tackle for loss

There's a few ways you can balance this out between the run block slider and tackle slider but ultimately you have to be willing to tweak the game to fit your desired style of play

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-02-2016, 01:39 AM   #5
Pro

Thanks Guys'... Playmaker, I have tried adjusting a lower tackle rating, and every adjustment that I know of, But whenever I lower the TR, then it results in too many break away long runs, which is just as unrealistic as to many tackle's for loss. Especially against great RB's. I only play, Play of the moment or CPU vs. CPU.. So I don't control my players and most of the time the CPU calls the plays. I only play All Pro and have tried every slider available and many of my own.. I just can't get a happy medium. And of course, Being the Browns don't help matters at all. I will make it play correctly or balanced even if I have to edit every player before every game. I just hate to put in all that work and then they put out a patch that fixes most issues and I have to start all over again.

As i said before, I only have three major issues with the game, The Wind, the running game and the freezes in POTM.. Not thrilled about all the throw a way's or dump passes to the side line and receiver runs out of bounds. But i can live with it. I understand the EA can't give an exact time for a patch release but the least they could do is give us information on what issues they are working on. But again, thanks for your responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
a high tackle slider allows defenders to shed blocks unrealistically fast

If you lower it you'll start seeing less plays that result in Tackle for loss

There's a few ways you can balance this out between the run block slider and tackle slider but ultimately you have to be willing to tweak the game to fit your desired style of play
And then you'll increase another Madden statistical flaw: broken tackles being through the roof.

The tackle slider is one I'd recommend keeping high, as just as the OP said, no slider set properly combats TFL.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #7
Pro

It's a result of the nature of video game programming - even in 2016 we're still playing a fancy version of rock, paper, scissors.

It becomes very evident on the goalline.Not often do you just get back to the line of scrimmage - you score or get blown up.

And on a short third or fourth down... -5 yds or TD quite often. It tends to even out in the end, but the wild swings move the game away from what a lot of people see as sim.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

It often seems to me like you either get past the LOS for a big gain or you get tackled for a loss of yards. there is not enough middle ground. in every one of my franchises my guys lead the league in TFL and my safety always leads in tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »