Home

Drops. You hate them, i Love them.

This is a discussion on Drops. You hate them, i Love them. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 02:11 AM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Drops. You hate them, i Love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Drops are one of those things that the GCs talk about allllll the time. It's so hard to quantify because just like anything else, we're dealing in emotion. So a 4th down drop in the end zone that costs you a game is going to stick out way beyond the time that your worst WR caught that contested 10 yard dig route for a 1st down.

On balance, I don't (and haven't since launch) feel as though drops in M17 are unrealistic. I get the idea that users want to be rewarded for their playcalling and their players' abilities, but sometimes things happen. Drops happen. The team certainly has metrics for how many drops happen and can compare that to real NFL averages, and they are tuning it, but I think random drops are an absolute must have in the game.
Absolutely agree. To complete the move to a more realistic representation, they should include more inaccuracy (not necessarily increase wild ducks, but just balks a little behind or slightly overthrown) and increase pass rusn.

If they did that the gane would be so much closer to perfect.

As for drops, I agree with the poster who said more dynamic animations would be cool to see. Also would be nice to see more emotional reactions after a drop, from both offense and defense, but especially defense since they are potential game changers.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #18
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Absolutely agree. To complete the move to a more realistic representation, they should include more inaccuracy (not necessarily increase wild ducks, but just balks a little behind or slightly overthrown) and increase pass rusn.

If they did that the gane would be so much closer to perfect.

As for drops, I agree with the poster who said more dynamic animations would be cool to see. Also would be nice to see more emotional reactions after a drop, from both offense and defense, but especially defense since they are potential game changers.

I can't agree more. But this will involve QB accuracy and we know how hard is for the casual gamers to deal with this.

Yesterday I was playing with acc at 7 and the pass was - little behind the HB who was on the flat. The RB tried to reach the pass with one hand. The ball hit his hand and fell to the ground. So realistic. We need more of these. I agree that some drops seems lame but their is because there are missing animations like WR trying to get the ball for second time or bubbling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #19
Rookie

I actually had a receiver catch a second effort ball while being tackled yesterday. It was awesome to see. I threw it high, the defender tipped it up and my receiver dove for it while being tackled to make the catch. It was awesome.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Just lost a game like this. Down 5 with 30 seconds and one TO left. Call Gun Doubles 4 verts. Mike Evans is lined up on the sideline with Sammy Coates inside him. Then it up to Evans he catches it but the swat/knockout animation plays. Ball floats into the endzone where Coates is wide open and doesn't even acknowledge it. Super frustrating how far madden has come but how far it still has to go
Ouch. Very frustrating. I do hope the gameplay patch adjusts the WRs to show a little more effort for the ball....just looks funny watching the WRs zone out while the safeties, corners, linebackers, and d-line all converge on the ball.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
I actually had a receiver catch a second effort ball while being tackled yesterday. It was awesome to see. I threw it high, the defender tipped it up and my receiver dove for it while being tackled to make the catch. It was awesome.

That's encouraging!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »