Home

PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

This is a discussion on PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #33
Rookie

Regent's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway7
My bad on that one! Not shortly after I posted that comment I also seen the line drive punt as well. Sorry for the confusion. It's broken as we all know.
Not a problem. Every time I read a potential work around, I give it a shot. I think online was the last straw I could grasp at to get around this issue
Old 10-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #34
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
How is the CPU able to underpower punts is what I'm asking. Additionally, if it is a slider adjustment (which I haven't heard anyone else say they have been able to use to avoid this issue), wouldn't upping the slider to 75 to avoid the low line drive punts also affect kicks by CPU going in the other direction such that you would continue to have (maybe even worse than before) punters kicking from their own 10 through the back of the opposing end zone?

I think my slider is set very low for power but in addition to the shorter line drive punts I see incredibly long punts going the other way, so it still appears to me to be a wind effect issue as far as length goes when the wind is over a threshold value. I'm not pleased with the low liners but the punts from the shadow of the goal line that ends up a touch back also greatly impact the way a game may turn out.

Last indoor game I had played was normal in punting, but that was pre-patch. I hope tonight to try another indoor game to see if the punting is normal or affected. I believe most feel it is a wind effect, which may give me a path to start the regular season watching CPU v CPU indoor games until the promised fix gets done, whenever that may be.

With the slider set at 75, CPU punters are still trying to aim/pin inside the 20 and sky kick etc. So you either get it around the 10yard and the coverage team is there (sky) or not and you get some return yards. Yes, some punters blast it into the endzone sometimes, but they are still trying to aim. The line drive kicks go further so end up being normal punts (ish).

For punting yourself, the trick is to not max power the punt every time as you will out kick the coverage team and risk a big return (which is what happens in the NFL, punters kick it for a low return probability) and it makes pinning inside the 10 less automatic as you have to soften the punt.

In the nfl, given time and space a lot of punters can kick the ball either very high or very far but either choose not to or are rushed.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #35
Rookie

AMSchieffer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not a problem, it was a tweet by Clint sometime last week.

Hey Roadman. Has it still been radio silence from the devs on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSchieffer
Hey Roadman. Has it still been radio silence from the devs on this?
Not at all.

The fix was not applied to the patch in November because it didn't make the cut. I really don't know what happens from here on out.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #37
Rookie

AMSchieffer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not at all.

The fix was not applied to the patch in November because it didn't make the cut. I really don't know what happens from here on out.

Thanks again for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »