Home

Pausing the draft

This is a discussion on Pausing the draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Pausing the draft

Okay, so I'm in an online CFM and we can't do the draft until Thursday. However, we advanced to the week of the draft and are left without any info. This, to me, makes ZERO sense. Why not show the user all of their scouting info at this stage before starting the draft?

As a solution, does anyone see an issue with starting the draft and immediately pausing it before pick 1 round 1? This would allow those of us who want to review the class / details leading up to Thursday. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pausing the draft

I was hoping the drafting experience would be better (I have not drafted yet this year). It always seems like it is tough to get information on the players you scout all season when the draft rolls around. I would rather not have to make a spreadsheet or something just to draft.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:25 AM   #3
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

The only issue I would foresee is the draft remaining paused. in M16 only the commissioner of the league could pause the draft. not sure if it's the same this year. Unless the commissioner is going to sit with his console and make sure it stays paused, i don't know what would happen. If he turns off his console or gets kicked for inactivity the draft might just resume on it's own. I would run a test one first by creating another league and simming to the draft. otherwise you could ruin the real draft.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

When I play in a league online I take scouting a lot more seriously than that. I have a draft board written out on paper. Skeptical you say? I've killed every single draft I've done since Madden 15 doing this.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
When I play in a league online I take scouting a lot more seriously than that. I have a draft board written out on paper. Skeptical you say? I've killed every single draft I've done since Madden 15 doing this.
I have a ton of notes too, but I didn't record every single detail for all players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

We recently had an issue in our draft where we were unable to pause or skip to user pick for the draft. To make matters worse we couldn't pick as well and basically it had a mind of its own. Completely ruined our franchise and we just started a new one. We're all extremely pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
We recently had an issue in our draft where we were unable to pause or skip to user pick for the draft. To make matters worse we couldn't pick as well and basically it had a mind of its own. Completely ruined our franchise and we just started a new one. We're all extremely pissed.

Did you report to John White / @EA_White?
Old 10-09-2016, 01:23 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9

I think there was a glitch a couple years ago where if a particular player was on autopilot the draft was simulated. Can't recall what triggered it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »