Home

Cfm drafts where almost all players suck?

This is a discussion on Cfm drafts where almost all players suck? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cfm drafts where almost all players suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Except 2k's gameplay is total garbage and not sim basketball. Also go look at the 2k forum, the league is ****ed 5 years in.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
This is a "spoiler" to me. This just made me sad.

As for Madden draft classes, I agree with OP BUT we can edit so I don't care too much.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
THIS.

Tyron Smith, Adrian Peterson, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Marcus Peters, and many other rookies rapidly exceeded their default ratings IN their rookie season.

Something the old classes modeled well with a few rookies highly rated. With the new classes the PLAYER can develop on in-season stud but the CPU does not do this well at all. So by year 3-4 of your franchise you will easily have the most talented team in Franchise mode.

The CPU also does a horrible job of drafting which exacerbates the problem.

The Draft classes need a few instant starters sprinkled through rounds 1-3 and a few duds and a lot of mid-low 70's guys. Rounds 4-7 need to be a few low-70s and a lot of guys in the 60s. That would have been ideal for keeping the league competitive.

As is, the talent level of the league will drop without real quirky XP slider adjustment.
i’ve seen a handful of prospect since the patch make five to ten point leaps in OVR during the course of their rookie season

SEA took a C in the first round and he went from 77 to 86 by the end of his rookie season. by the end of his second year, he was 99 OVR.

DAL took a CB who went from 74 to 83 during his rookie year.

it happens.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofchampions
From what I have read on this as well as other forums, people prefer it the way it was.
Quote:
I think it should be the way it was, because from what I have read as I said in the other post I just made, the only people that really had a problem with the draft classes were people who were playing online franchises.

I saw very few people that played solely off-line franchise, that had any kind of real problem with it.
ok, that’s not what i’ve seen but i acknowledge i only really read about madden on here. maybe if i was on other sites i’d see what you see.

personally, i think the new draft classes are more in line with the rosters in the game and the general level of players in the NFL.

we're allowed to differ on this, and it shows how hard it is for EA to improve a game.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
They tuned the draft classes too match the rookies on the stock rosters.... What is wrong with that?
apparently, a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
If they give us draft class sliders then everyone would be happy.
that is certainly an option to them in the future.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Man, I couldn't agree with that last part more. There's been so many times I've looked at my roster, and the draft board and wanted to focus on a position, but I just can't because you don't know what's coming up down the road in the next few draft classes. Maybe if it even just gave you a letter grade that is projected rating for that position in the next year's draft class. It would help in making those big off season decisions. Draft now? Sign a FA to a big deal? Re-sign an aging vet for one more year when that position is projected to be strong in the next draft class?

NFL teams are always projecting into the future. Madden's CFM mode at this point really doesn't allow you to do that. You're only looking at the current crop of college prospects, not the college landscape. It's hard to plan for the future when you've only got enough data for one year.

It would be nice if they could focus on something like this for the future to create an even bigger sense of immersion in CFM.
well, teams don’t really know what is coming in the next draft class. half a season before the 2014 draft, matt barkley was a concensus top ten pick. fast forward ten months and he fell to the 4th round.

i understand the idea of wanting some insight into the future but this is a game. at times, i think we just ask too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
Another thing you need to consider is the superstar development trait. While players aren't coming into the league at 85 overall it's very easy to get them there.

I drafted a 76/77 overall WR in the 6th round superstar development. He was a beast snagging 99 catches, 1700 yards, 15 TDs. Rookie of year, pro bowl, best wr award. Going into his second season I believe he is rated 87 now with a boost from confidence to 88/89.

In the draft I just did before year 3 I drafted a 77ish CB superstar development in the 4th or 5th round. It's about finding gems like that.
agreed, unless you get a slow dev guy, you can get players to where you want. madden players are use to turning teams around in a one or so, but it doesn't happen like that in real life.

i took a 68 OVR rated CB (UDFA) and have him at 78 one season later and he’s starting.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Personally I like the new tuned draft classes. Provided you use a good set of XP sliders (I recommend the Tdawg set) you should end up with balanced teams.

Cheap plug alert: If you're struggling to draft decent player in the mid/late rounds you could try out my scouting tool (stickied at the top of the forum). But if you're finding your drafting experience fine as it is then carry on as you were!
yep, people asking for a draft slider might just want to increase the XP slider.

good call.

ps. i’m not suing that tool as i find the draft a little too easy still. i focused on three players in the draft: a TE, SS and HB. took the TE in the first and figured i’d lose the SS but he fell to the second so i got him too. then i move up in the third to get my HB.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
It has to do with the draft classes, because it is a well-known fact that the CPU simply does not develop its players anywhere remotely close to as efficiently as the player does, which means that unlike the player the CPU's roster will be filled with mostly below average players, meaning that the CPU teams will suck.

See none of the people who incessantly whined about the draft classes from the moment madden 17 came out, took that into account, in fact the people that were whining the most were the people that simmed several years, and only paid attention to overalls, and not individual ratings.

This in my opinion, is one of those times where "realism" of one part a franchise should have taken a backseat, to preserving the "realism" and the balance of the mode overall.
saw quite a few people saying drafting was too easy. believe one thread was closed down due to it but i could be wrong on that.

i’ve simmed a bunch of seasons forward and have seen similar results in terms of players progressing and & teams’ OVR rating. clearly, more teams were rated higher before the patch but the difference between the top and bottom was about the same.

you clearly want higher rated draftees. some agree with you. some like the lower rated draftees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »