Home

How to Keep Players From Retiring?

This is a discussion on How to Keep Players From Retiring? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 AM   #9
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Keep Players From Retiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine3
Hi guys,

So I noticed after my first CFM season that a lot of players retire, some a bit prematurely. Is there a way to prevent these players from retiring (the biggest one I'd like to prevent is Tom Brady because he always retires after season 1)? I know there was a work-around for the retiring players last year (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-retiring.html), but I'm not sure if this method works in the Madden 17. I tried it out and it didn't work, but I may have done something wrong.

I also read about switching retiring players to kickers and making their kick power and accuracy 99 which will also prevent them from retiring. I tested it out a little bit and it seems like it works sometimes but not all the time. If anyone has a good method for preventing retirements, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Hello, yes the M16:stop retiring method works offline, but online they have closed the loop as you can only have 1 USER player/coach.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-tips.html

I ran the same method for M17 this year. Works for players and coaches.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:43 AM   #10
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Ratings in general seem to affect it but I'm not sure to what extent.

For instance, Adam Pacman Jones tends to play out his contract(33 years old, 3 years left) with the base roster. After his poor performance this season I knocked his ratings down a bit and he retired after the first season. I think the physical ratings have a bigger impact in this but I haven't done extensive testing to really back it up.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #11
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Will this work for existing CFMs or are the retirements determined at the beginning of the season? I'm halfway into year 1 with the Dolphins and would like to prevent Brady from retiring for atleast a couple more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #12
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

They need to figure out a way to add in some code where certain positions have a higher chance of retiring then others. Also where players will play a little longer if they've still been playing at a high level and injury free.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:29 AM   #13
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scossgod
I've edited Brady's age to 34 and he survived the first off season.
Anybody checked to see if his contract expires at the end of the first season forcing him to retire? What if you edit his contract to extend another 3-4 years will Brady still retire?
Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #14
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Will this work for existing CFMs or are the retirements determined at the beginning of the season? I'm halfway into year 1 with the Dolphins and would like to prevent Brady from retiring for atleast a couple more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously, just read the threads attached in this forum, for M16 retirement stopping and my CFM tips. It explains everything you're asking there...

Retirements are determined when the season is "over" for a team, i.e. advancing from Week17 if not making the playoffs or whenever you get kicked out of the playoffs (or once the Superbowl is played).

The method for stopping retirement described in those forums works as many seasons as you like, you could have Tom Brady until he is 50!!! (but his THP will be in the 70s).
Old 10-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #15
Rookie

Wouldn't this have players breaking all types of records that you may want a rookie you drafted to break?

If you lower AP's age you will never break the rushing record with a younger stud player like Elliot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #16
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatic77
Wouldn't this have players breaking all types of records that you may want a rookie you drafted to break?

If you lower AP's age you will never break the rushing record with a younger stud player like Elliot
Raise their age back up when you feel comfortable with them possibly retiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »