Home

So deleted the patch and tuner......

This is a discussion on So deleted the patch and tuner...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: So deleted the patch and tuner......

I am so intrigued to try this.... What did the first patch change to the gameplay that we wouldnt have if we deleted the patch?

2nd how would I delete the patch or uninstall? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, my nephew, having no internet connection, installed and plays this game out of the box, with NO patches or tuners whatsoever. I just finished talking with him on the phone, and asked him again how the game plays. He said its the best Out Of The Box Version of Madden that he has played. I asked some specifics dealing with issues such as Line Interaction. He said the interaction between OL and DL is quite good, with some D Lineman being able to knock back some O Lineman, and some DE's being able to blow past some O Lineman with an outside rush. He mentioned that kicking FG's was not an automatic either. He plays on All Madden Default. So I guess I will get the external thumb drive and save my settings, then completely uninstall the game, and reinstall, and check it out for myself.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

I plan on doing this.

Just to confirm, I can save my current roster on a thumb drive, delete the game and reinstall and I should be able to play without the patch but with my saved roster?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It would never happen of course, but I would love for the team to put out an literal "placebo" tuner just to see all the changes that everyone would see. They could document it with video and independent observers/verification, but many would swear that x,y, and z had been changed, and nothing would sway them from that belief.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

Can someone confirm once they have done this that they were able to delete the patch and tuner and re-install the original version of the game and still play their online franchise

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #22
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Can someone confirm once they have done this that they were able to delete the patch and tuner and re-install the original version of the game and still play their online franchise

thanks
Off-line only I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #23
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm a bit fuzzy on everyone's interpretation of online vs. offline users. Now, my assumption is that you are talking about someone who plays franchise NOT in the cloud, and people who play head to head games.

I play franchise, IN the cloud. that is literally Online. I don't feel the game is catered unsim directly to my games. In fact, I really think the game is playing great after the patch. I might have actually had something different to say about the game post tuner, but post patch, i feel this is about as good as it's ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yep the making all field goals automatic in offline play to cater to the online crowd who wanted easier field goals is my biggest complaint with the patch.
Again, post tuner I would have said, i had a potential issue with kicking, post patch not so much. I've missed 2 in 2 games since the patch, both detrimental to my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It would never happen of course, but I would love for the team to put out an literal "placebo" tuner just to see all the changes that everyone would see. They could document it with video and independent observers/verification, but many would swear that x,y, and z had been changed, and nothing would sway them from that belief.
This is actually a great idea, I have to imagine that the dev's sit back after these patches drop, fire up social media and laugh.....

But, on that note, last tuesday, around 11pm i was prompted for a live content update, and then upon posting about it, found i was the only one who saw it, so i chalked it up to a corrupt file or something.

Last night, around 11pm, i fired up my franchise game, was prompted for a live content update. I played ½ of a game, i swear i heard Charles Davis say "new" stuff withing my game. Today, i log in to OS, not one mention of a live content update....

Some would say it was last weeks, yada yada yada. I spend a lot of time on the boards here, if an update drops, I get it after work on the day of.

I don't know what's going on with my prompt issues, but so be it.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Except, this is false. The only difference from game release to now in kicking is a 10% increase in the accuracy target zone, which is negligible. There were some changes to weather penalties, but on a sunny day there are no other changes. I have confirmed this with the development team anything else is a placebo effect.
All I can go by is what I see and pre patch the ai would miss some fgs under 40 yards and some xp and now they don't. The weather change may have nerfed it quite a bit as well. The 10% change in the target area may seem negligible but add in the fact that the white blue area on each side of the target area are considered perfect as well that's quite an increase and has definitely made kicking easier actually virtually automatic.

The fga slider is broken if they'd actually patch that so we could customize our experience needing the field goals wouldn't be an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »