Home

RB Screens always picked

This is a discussion on RB Screens always picked within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: RB Screens always picked

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Right stick up on the xbox1 is the throw away the ball feature. Or, if you see the RB might be covered, take off and run the other way or throw to another WR.

https://media.easports.com/content/d...0116_v8_DJ.PDF
Yep basically this. I normally know pre play the coverage so identify a "hot" WR. Most of the HB screens have an In or a drag somewhere so it's not too bad. If not then as said I throw it away for eat the sack which is an option some people just never think about.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #10
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
So now you have to read it like every other route? Yea that would make sense. Real life, QBs have to throw it at the feet relatively often with screens.
Don't throw to the coverd receiver? What a novel idea!

Maybe I should have been more specific. The rate at which this is happening is incredibly high. Like I said, probably around 90% of these are sniffed out. Oh, I guess I was specific before.

Does that seem realistic to you still?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Don't throw to the coverd receiver? What a novel idea!

Maybe I should have been more specific. The rate at which this is happening is incredibly high. Like I said, probably around 90% of these are sniffed out. Oh, I guess I was specific before.

Does that seem realistic to you still?
Your 90% is a made up number based on your personal perception. If you run screens multiple times in a game the AI gets better at it the more often you run it. They still work fine, and aren't sniffed out "90%" of the time. This is a placebo effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #12
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Your 90% is a made up number based on your personal perception. If you run screens multiple times in a game the AI gets better at it the more often you run it. They still work fine, and aren't sniffed out "90%" of the time. This is a placebo effect.
Do you work for EA? You sure seem to be an authority on exactly how this game will play.

As I said in my original post, I don't run them that often. One or two a game maybe. I'm not about to record multiple games just to prove this is no placebo effect.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Do you work for EA? You sure seem to be an authority on exactly how this game will play.

As I said in my original post, I don't run them that often. One or two a game maybe. I'm not about to record multiple games just to prove this is no placebo effect.
I do not work at EA, I have been fortunate to have a lot of dialog with them on many topics including how things work.

How long do you wait to deliver the ball?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #14
MVP

It seems throwing the ball away in that instance should be intentional grounding. After all that is why irl the qb throws it at the feet. Taking off and running is a losing proposition because your line just let the defense through on purpose. Throwing to another receiver is likewise, not realistic. That is another reason they throw it at their feet. There is not time irl to find another receiver because your line just let the defense through on purpose. I have never been a good screen thrower in madden and hardly ever use them except as an audible for a wr screen when the defense begs me to. To each their own.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I feel like the cpu D reacts much better now. Probably the best screen defense they've ever had. It doesn't feel cheap to throw a screen pass vs the cpu. You have to execute.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Eli Manning is a perfect example if anything isn't open, once in awhile, he will throw it to the closest WR's feet. That isn't intentional grounding.

All it takes is a quick eye to find out if someone on the D will be in the vicinity of the screen. That is why it's important presnap to look at your other WR's routes and the wheel to find out who might be your secondary WR.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

The key here is reasonable chance of catching the ball.

Last edited by roadman; 10-12-2016 at 10:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »