Home

EA Security Code??

This is a discussion on EA Security Code?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA Security Code??

So something strange happened yesterday and this is the 3rd time its happened since Madden launched this year. I'm playing Madden and my phone buzzes and its a text message saying here is your EA Account Security Code.

Is this indicative of someone attempting to recover my account, likely to get access to my MUT as I've actively posted in a few places that I'm doing pretty well in it, or just simply a bug? Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: I just went and logged out of Origins and then tried to sign back in and it sent me that same code so I must have turned on the security access feature sometime back. Anyway the point is that if you know my username and my password you'll then have a passcode sent to my phone to complete the sign in process which definitely has me thinking someone has been trying to sign into my account now.

Last edited by Fear The Clown; 10-16-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Security Code??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear The Clown
So something strange happened yesterday and this is the 3rd time its happened since Madden launched this year. I'm playing Madden and my phone buzzes and its a text message saying here is your EA Account Security Code.

Is this indicative of someone attempting to recover my account, likely to get access to my MUT as I've actively posted in a few places that I'm doing pretty well in it, or just simply a bug? Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: I just went and logged out of Origins and then tried to sign back in and it sent me that same code so I must have turned on the security access feature sometime back. Anyway the point is that if you know my username and my password you'll then have a passcode sent to my phone to complete the sign in process which definitely has me thinking someone has been trying to sign into my account now.
Just log in and change your password. It's not uncommon for people to try and steal accounts. Happens to me with steam occasionally.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Security Code??

Yea i already handled that when i put in the edit. It's just pretty damn scary that someone has my username and password. The last 6 months are the first time the email address attached to that account hasn't had the same password too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »