Home

Commentary Updates

This is a discussion on Commentary Updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Commentary Updates

When I first heard of this I thought that they would be adding new commentary during the season. Like say different things so the commentary never got old. However, the only thing they do is add a couple of lines from the current week. The rest of the commentary is exactly the same and repetitive. However, I admit the commentary in 17 is better than it's ever been, the dynamic commentary is a bit of a let down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Commentary Updates

Yeah, it's great for Play Now, but the franchise commentary does start to get stale. I too was hoping that they could record new lines for it, maybe adding in different ways to discuss what is happening in the league.

They did a good job having the commentators point out what is happening (1,000 yard receiving, rushing etc.), so the technology is there. I'm sure it's a difficult task though.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

OVR: 0

I am the Bengals in my franchise and every week I am reminded that AJ Green's real name is Adriel Jeremiah. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 06:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Commentary may be better and be fresh in 'Play Now' but it is a huge step down for CFM from where it has been the last couple of years. I hear the same lines, the same stories every week and being told that a guy is a rookie several years into their career says it all about where CFM ranks in their thinking when putting this stuff together.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
I am the Bengals in my franchise and every week I am reminded that AJ Green's real name is Adriel Jeremiah. Drives me crazy.

It can be even worse. In my fantasy draft franchise they always talk about how LeVeon Bells mother is a Steelers fan and how she must be so happy to see him play for her favorite team. But im the Saints...

Also when Julio Jones catches his first pass of the game in the 2ND half they said how Ryan and Jones finally connect. But the QB is not Matt Ryan.

Also there was a player who's name I forget and they said how he was recently acquired by the browns. The browns weren't even playing.

The commentary in fantasy draft franchise is absolutely atrocious and I wish we would see them working on fixing things like that every week then adding some lines for play now mode that will no longer be relevant a few weeks later.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

And here's even worse. Every field goal my kicker makes is his 308th. Every single field goal.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
It can be even worse. In my fantasy draft franchise they always talk about how LeVeon Bells mother is a Steelers fan and how she must be so happy to see him play for her favorite team. But im the Saints...

Also when Julio Jones catches his first pass of the game in the 2ND half they said how Ryan and Jones finally connect. But the QB is not Matt Ryan.

Also there was a player who's name I forget and they said how he was recently acquired by the browns. The browns weren't even playing.

The commentary in fantasy draft franchise is absolutely atrocious and I wish we would see them working on fixing things like that every week then adding some lines for play now mode that will no longer be relevant a few weeks later.

Wow I didn't know it was that bad in a fantasy draft season. Guess I won't be starting one of those any time soon.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:12 AM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
Wow I didn't know it was that bad in a fantasy draft season. Guess I won't be starting one of those any time soon.

I still really enjoy it. Still my favorite mode. I just ignore the commentary or sometimes turn it off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »