Home

Newbie Coach Mode Only

This is a discussion on Newbie Coach Mode Only within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Newbie Coach Mode Only

Folks I am new to Madden 17 and have not had this series for a while. I would like to play a franchise coach only of the Titans and play out a season by just calling plays and watching each play as if I was watching the game. If I buy this game would I be able to do that. I M afraid that being a little older the hand/eye coordination is not the best but I do like football and would love to run this in the mode above.Thanks in advance for you help. I truly appreciate it !!,
Rick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Newbie Coach Mode Only

Welcome Rick. you are not alone and most welcome

i am in a similar situation, i dont have leet stick skillz like the young uns. I only play offline coach only. you can only select coach mode from settings in the main menu. in a new cfm(frnachise) you wont see an option. unlike ncaa 14 its not a true coach mode you have to kick/punt otherwise just call plays. if on defence i would cycle thru players to get to a safety in case user selected affects block shedding but other than that it works.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you so much for your reply. With that knowledge that I can do Thai I will give it a try and go buy it. Appreciate you taking the time to reply !! Rick
Old 10-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

One other thing to add:

In previous versions, your QB would never scramble past the line of scrimmage. Right up to it, yes but not past. Even if there was a great lane to do so. I haven't tried for this year as I just gave up on the idea of getting a true coach mode (like NCAA).

As long as you're open to controlling the QB when it makes sense, it's serviceable. If you're looking for a guy like Wilson/Kaep that will take off on his own, it can be disappointed. Someone else can correct me if it's been fixed for this year, too.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

i should have added i like pocket passers so the scrambling thing isnt a thing for me

also you can supersim the kicks if you prefer to do that

and custom playbooks are good but make sure your favourite formations are in the base playbook you pick to amend so you can sub situational players

feel free to ask any questions there are lots of people who can help with their take on coach mode andfranchise building
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »