Home

Whats your defensive scheme?

This is a discussion on Whats your defensive scheme? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Whats your defensive scheme?

I like to use aggressive looks on defense to give the offense things to think about pre-snap. I base out of 4-3 Under and use Nickel Double A Gap and Nickel Wide 9 fronts in passing downs. I tend to not worry much about matching personnel on 1st and 10, preferring to have a strong run defense and relying on my linebackers and safeties to rally against quick-hitting routes.

I'm pretty choosy about when I actually bring pressure and typically play somewhat conservatively, but I always want to present the threat of pressure to get the offense uncomfortable with the alignments such as what I talked about above. I also use the "bluff blitz" defensive hot route a ton to try to bait the quarterback into mistakes post-snap.

Finally, as to coverage, I'm typically in zone, especially on early downs, and I use Cover 1 and Cover 0 as change-ups. Dime - Safety Blitz is one of my most effective plays this year, actually. I'm pretty choosy about when I call it though because playing that aggressively all the time is just asking to be beat over the top, obviously.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 11-02-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm usually a 4-3 guy but, my team is the Raiders and for the 2017 season because i have alot of 3-4 players i went 3-4 with trading for JJ Watt and Myles Jack i have Watt & Mack at DE moved Mario Edwards Jr to DT/NT with my OLB being Aldon Smith, Bruce Irvin and MLB Myles Jack & Corey Lemonier.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #19
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I love the 3-4 and sending the blitz almost every play. Drafting those insanely athletic lineman and linebackers and sending them at the quarterback. I love it. And I find myself having more fun on defense.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »