Home

Are you bored with Madden 17 yet

This is a discussion on Are you bored with Madden 17 yet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Are you bored with Madden 17 yet

I'm not bored with it yet and haven't really gotten close. Seems like everytime I play something wows me. Whether I'm making a crazy juke or some clutch play that leaves me speechless, or I'm enjoying an exciting NFL draft and trying to fill the holes on my team. I've always got something fun going on and something fun to look forward to. It has its problems, but I have not had this much fun on Madden this far into the season since the PS2 days. That being said I get where a lot of people come from with their dislike for the game. It still has plenty of issues. I do a lot of self handicapping, editing, and things like that to try and keep things realistic that I wouldn't expect most people would enjoy doing.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Nope, I look forward to playing the game everyday. As someone who goes back to the Atari 2600 football days, this is my favorite football game ever, and it isn't even close, YMMV

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just deleted the patch so essentially it like a new game to me , lol. Except wind direction backwards and no color rush unis, I love the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not bored - it's a new Madden and I'm addicted to Madden But aside from that I completely agree with the OP, the scripting and magnetism is worse than ever.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Regent's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, or rather, bored of waiting for punting to be fixed. Haven't played since they broke it, so weeks.

Prior to that, I was playing every day. With no indication of when the punt patch will be out, I'm not sure how much longer I can talk myself out of trading it in on 2K17.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Just the opposite for me. I finally have sliders locked in (see KingV2K's arena) and am realizing that lots of what folks complain about regarding this year's game is not actually a problem with the game, but a problem with how we've been taught to play Madden by past iterations that were less strategic in nature.

I'm actually geeking out right now on NYKia's Tampa 2 series and am putting in serious lab time to understand the intricacies of this year's defensive scheme improvements.

I may have to put up some house rules regarding scouting, drafting, and FA so that my team doesn't outstrip the rest of the league talent-wise, but in terms of strategic depth, I'll get at least three seasons out of the current scheme experiment with the cover two stuff, and I'll have several more seasons of playability with the ability to morph into a cover three scheme, etc.

They need to improve immersion in CFM and they probably need to make scouting and drafting harder, but I think this game has the capacity to stay in the spinner longer than any previous Madden for me.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #15
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

Online madden has become a boring joke of cheese. This might be the worst year ever. Over 200 online games played and I've seen everything you can think of in this game. I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #16
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Haven't played in a long time, one of the minority that just wants a season mode without all the other bs that comes with franchise. 4 kids plus full time work mixed with my ocd about accurate rosters means I just don't have the time to fix 32 rosters after the preseason sim wrecks them. Not saying it isn't possible to do, but just too much hassle for me when my gaming time is so limited already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »