Home

Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 9 Available Now

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 9 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #17
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 9 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
In franchise the ratings reflect how well players match the scheme.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
A more stark difference is that the Vikings were shown as a 90 OVR team in Play Now but are an 81 OVR in franchise mode. It doesn't make sense that a team would be worse in Franchise than in Play Now by 9 points.

Either they calculate OVR differently between Play Now and Franchise (perhaps scheme settings are being taken into account, but why would they before you even have a coach or player or owner selected?) or one of the numbers for total OVR is fake.
You cannot fiddle with the schemes in franchise mode in such a way that you make a team change total OVR by 9 points, because for the most part it's an average of offense and defense so that means you'd have to lose about 18 points between offense and defense to make that happen.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #18
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
Why? Just why? Everytime someone getstraded to the Browns there ovr goes down every single time. It's happened for as long as u can remember. I remember Patterson the CB for the Eagles went to Cleveland and went from a 78 to a 71. Just cause Collins gets traded from the Pats he goes down 2 ovr?? Makes NO sense.
I wonder if in these situations they expect coaching and schemes to have a negative effect on players. So for Collins maybe they think he benefitted from playing on a more talented, better coached defense and that going to the Browns will hurt his production. Just a guess.

These are things that happen in the nfl and sports in general. Look at Deandre hopkins for example. From last year to this year there is no way he got less talented but with are worse qb throwing to him and possibly bad playing calling his production has dipped.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #19
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
Why are they not fixing jay ajayi to dreds?peopple are complaining on ea sports forums to. Can they not fix hm without screwing something else up? They gotta know he needs dreds. I know it's minor but I like to have real accurate rosters.
The past two years the released a player likeness update at some point during the season. My guess is that if they do it again this year, don't see why they wouldn't, that's when you'll see a play like ajayi get a hair update.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #20
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
I'm not saying the defense couldn't get better, but these roster ratings are based on how they've performed. Sean Smith and Reggie Nelson have not been doing as well as hoped and the defense as a whole has given up loads of yards and points. Despite this, it's 2 points better than one of the Top 5 defenses in the NFL? And the Patriots are considered to have an equally good defense than the Vikings? The Vikings have had a defensive OVR of 87 for weeks. The Patriots JUST CAME DOWN from their 89 Defensive OVR of last week to EQUAL the Vikings defense.

Here's the spreadsheet I've been keeping (no Packers because this was meant just to keep on hand for when I started franchises and, well, I was never gonna use the Packers.)
As a Pat's fan I don't know how their defense has been ranked so high. I know the pats have technically been one of the better teams in terms of points allowed but they are by no means a gteat defense like the broncos, Minnesota (minus last week), Seahawks, or Cardinals.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #21
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I wonder if in these situations they expect coaching and schemes to have a negative effect on players. So for Collins maybe they think he benefitted from playing on a more talented, better coached defense and that going to the Browns will hurt his production. Just a guess.

These are things that happen in the nfl and sports in general. Look at Deandre hopkins for example. From last year to this year there is no way he got less talented but with are worse qb throwing to him and possibly bad playing calling his production has dipped.
They're not consistent on that either, though. Phillip Rivers has had the offensive line fall apart for the past two years and still had one of the most productive passing offenses in the NFL. He was rated worse than Andy Dalton who had the best supporting cast than the NFL. Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers they recognized had a questionable supporting cast and they lowered his ratings much less than they did for Rivers. Usering Rivers, he's still a very good QB, but when he's got mid-80s OVR and in franchise after a year or two he's a 79 OVR QB and is being passed over for Case Keenum, it's a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #22
Rookie

Jay Ajayai now an 82 OVR!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #23
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
Why? Just why? Everytime someone getstraded to the Browns there ovr goes down every single time. It's happened for as long as u can remember. I remember Patterson the CB for the Eagles went to Cleveland and went from a 78 to a 71. Just cause Collins gets traded from the Pats he goes down 2 ovr?? Makes NO sense.
I do this for most players if not all that go into a new system, its just awareness and play rec.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 11-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #24
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Whoever the roster guy is i feel like he clearly doesn't watch games or anything.

Now some players he has done a fantastic job with but its clear he just picks n chooses who to increase & decrease & its very lame.

I noticed a couple players on the chiefs who got decreasd for no reason.

#1 is CB Phillip Gaines he been injured but as with last week when played an entire game he continues to shine & shut down his guys & he gets his 1st career INT last week & has been one of our top rated pff guys & he goes down 2 points? Ok whats the guy on because i want what he takin if anything he should be a 77 overall.

#2 Mitch Morse C has been a Stud all year & consistent all year but drops? Um he should be a 75

#3 Derrick Johnson Has a great game & continues to have a monster season & he drops -5 ok this is going to far.

#4 Poe i can understand to a dagree because he doesnt get alot of sacks but always doing good every week yet he drops 4 points whatever..

#5 Mitchell Swartch RT best RT in league gets dropped because he gives up a sack while playing on an injured ankle that henders his footwork ummmmm k but he put together 2 good weeks & cant even get increased is the roster guy a browns fan mad because he left?

#6 how is Steven Nelson getting increased yet Gaines gets decreasd? It should be other way around Nelson is the one getting beat because hes soft & doesnt play aggresive.

# 7 how is it an injured Allan Bailey gets dropped when hes out for year but a struggling I took the $ and ran Jaye Howard gets increased instead of decreased makes no sense?

#8 LDT RG continues to have a very good yr but he goes down in ovr? Do you ever watch games ratings guy?

Lastly Terrence Smith you have him listed as a ROLB but he is a MLB for us please correct this .

Look i get he gonna decrease guys & rightfully so but he is decresing the wrong guys & not the correct ones

I watch all chiefs game & even dvr them to review players & its not cool a guy playing so well gets decreasd vs incresed but yet i sse #20 out there steven nelson getting bruned & he gets bumped up ok

Not trying to disrespect anyone he has done good with guys like Hill & Wilson just wish he be more consistent & put more logic in when it comes to ratings he gets paid to do these atleast get it right..

Thats it for now good night...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Yes I watch the games, good catch with T Smith.

I'm not sure how much more I can stress midseason updates, last game wasn't what was being reflected.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »