Home

Are Injuries Realistic in CFM?

This is a discussion on Are Injuries Realistic in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Are Injuries Realistic in CFM?

Hi Guys,

Looking to start up a online CFM with a few friends and I'm trying to determine if leaving injuries on will give us a realistic result. For those who have played franchises were injuries done well? Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Are Injuries Realistic in CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Hi Guys,

Looking to start up a online CFM with a few friends and I'm trying to determine if leaving injuries on will give us a realistic result. For those who have played franchises were injuries done well? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes and no. I had one season where I used a running back committee because Jay Ajayi and Kenyan Drake both went down, which was realistic and fun because they didn't have crazy injuries. But, in another season I played the Seahawks and lost Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Reshad Jones, Kiko Alonso, and Ndamukong Suh all in one game. Suh being the only one who came back a week later to play.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAppleJews
Yes and no. I had one season where I used a running back committee because Jay Ajayi and Kenyan Drake both went down, which was realistic and fun because they didn't have crazy injuries. But, in another season I played the Seahawks and lost Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Reshad Jones, Kiko Alonso, and Ndamukong Suh all in one game. Suh being the only one who came back a week later to play.
Wow. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Hi Guys,

The frequency of injuries is well done, but the severity is not. Too many 4+ week injuries and not enough guys that get hurt and return that game, or return within a couple of weeks.

Watch me play video games
Old 11-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think they are pretty realistic, and they force you to train up the INJ stat and make sure they are being subbed for when tired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The frequency of injuries is well done, but the severity is not. Too many 4+ week injuries and not enough guys that get hurt and return that game, or return within a couple of weeks.
This is my issue with CFM.

I want there to be injuries of course, but it's like there is no variance anymore.

I never see 1-2 quarter or 1-2 week injuries. Mine are always 4-8 weeks or more. I have played through 2 seasons in my Pats CFM and I did not have a single 1-2 quarter injury.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
This is my issue with CFM.

I want there to be injuries of course, but it's like there is no variance anymore.

I never see 1-2 quarter or 1-2 week injuries. Mine are always 4-8 weeks or more. I have played through 2 seasons in my Pats CFM and I did not have a single 1-2 quarter injury.
I'm pretty certain this is directly caused by "Big Decisions." The system they created basically backed them into a corner where injuries can either heal entirely by the end of the game or be a minimum of 3+ weeks so that a "big decision" can be triggered. I know I've seen the quarter injuries in Play Now but I wouldn't be surprised if their likelihood is reduced in CFM for the same reason.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm pretty certain this is directly caused by "Big Decisions." The system they created basically backed them into a corner where injuries can either heal entirely by the end of the game or be a minimum of 3+ weeks so that a "big decision" can be triggered. I know I've seen the quarter injuries in Play Now but I wouldn't be surprised if their likelihood is reduced in CFM for the same reason.
The big decisions adds nothing to the game. I am in the 2030's and have never brought anybody back early. Toughness also effects length of injury so to see injures of shorter length increasing it instead of injury would be more helpful. I think you are right in that big decisions has messed up injury duration to some extent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »