Home

How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty?

This is a discussion on How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
They don't understand football but they have a FORMER NFL PLAYER in a very important position with power in shaping the game...

come on, dude. smdh
So you think cause they have some former NFL player "shaping" the game they are going to shape it exactly how he says it should be? Cmon man. Don't be so blind. Shaking MY damn head
Old 11-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Probably doesn't have anywhere close to the type of budget they'd need to make real, impactful changes..

I can see it like this:
"Hey boss, here's a list of 157 things we need to add or fix for next year's game."
"Great, cut it down to the top 15 guaranteed deliverables and get to work."
"Ok."
The game is a huge seller but ea often acts like it's two guys in their mom's basement. Too much work to improve it. They could hire more people but that would cut into profit. I am sure they have done cost benefit analysis and know there would not be a significant increase in revenue by spending the money. That is business. The main driver of the lack of improvement is the monopoly they hold on nfl football. This allows them to get all the money without doing much.
I wish some other company would make a sim football game even without the real teams and players. However, I know they are also business and have done the work to know it would not make them the most money for their investment.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:41 AM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
So you think cause they have some former NFL player "shaping" the game they are going to shape it exactly how he says it should be? Cmon man. Don't be so blind. Shaking MY damn head
Yeah, actually, at least on some things (never the less, don't be moving the goal posts... you claimed they lack football knowledge). Have you followed his twitter? Have you seen the things he's presented that he had large in put on that are in fact correct, football speaking?

You are speaking out of ignorance, no doubt about it.

The game is not up to the standards of many in terms of NFL simulation. But compare it to six, seven years ago. Clearly something changed in how the game is made, because it's much closer now than it was then.

So based on the objective evidence, your claim that football ignorance is the reason makes little sense. A more likely scenario is this:

(1) Football by its nature is very complex, and given the engine they are working with, finding ways to implement simulation concepts is very difficult and takes time.

And

(2) Given the HUGE financial windfall that online MUT competitive play draws, making some things strictly simulation is not financially feasible. In other words, their arcade football crowd doesn't want to deal with 3 seconds in the pocket.

In fact, Clint Oldenburg (former NFL player) had a twitter debate with twitter fools who complained about getting FIVE seconds in the pocket, as if that wasn't long enough, to which Oldenburg schooled them on the reality of NFL football.

So yeah... NO... football knowledge is NOT the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Probably doesn't have anywhere close to the type of budget they'd need to make real, impactful changes..

I can see it like this:
"Hey boss, here's a list of 157 things we need to add or fix for next year's game."
"Great, cut it down to the top 15 guaranteed deliverables and get to work."
"Ok."
I imagine there are legacy engine issues as well that make implementing purely sim concepts difficult. In fact I bet that is the primary issue. Suction blocking, for example. And I imagine a few years ago the way they programmed the formation of what looks like an NFL pocket actually hinders realistic DL/OL interaction.

So the issues are probably a lot more complex than "derp EA doesn't understand the foozball."

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 11-13-2016 at 04:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »