Home

How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty?

This is a discussion on How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty?

Are there any tips or tricks you could give me? I've been pretty successful during madden so far in Madden 17, but I just run into very weird stats. Most of my games follow the same baseline:
-200 team rushing yards
-around 400 passing yards, give or take
- atleast 1int
- usually 3-5 turnovers a game
- atleast 4 team touchdowns

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's a lot of added bs once I switch to all madden, and what I mean is that the game doesn't necesarrily become harder, but just weird things and stats happen that usually doesn't convert to a win. I could easily make the super bowl, as I did with my Miami Dolphins. But, my defense was last in the league in nearly every stat, and Ryan Tannehill threw 52td's but 30int's. Every season, I'm almost always the rushing champ, whether is Leveon Bell or Kenyan Drake.

Now, the BS I'm talking about, is like getting a player drive goal for Kenyan Drake to not fumble the football, which is odd because I never got that one before. Literally the first play is him rushing ten yards up the middle of the field and being hit sticked by the safety and fumbling the football. Now, I was up 28-7 late in the 4th quarter, so it didn't seem like that big of a deal. But after a quick td by the Pats it was 28-14, and then yet another fumble. I ended up winning the game 28-21, but in the final 4th quarter Kenyan Drake had 3 rushes 15yds and 3 lost fumbles, after not having one fumble from the previous 16 games.

Anyways, does anyone have any tips on beating All Madden, or seem to find ways to not run through all the bs that happens in a typical game for me? Now, I know most of you will say that I suck, but I'm 12-4, with nearly every offensive player winning an award, despite all the turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys beat All-Madden difficulty?

The game isn't simulation. Never has been, never will be with these developers. Their sole purpose when creating this game is for arcade-like stats for people who play online or MUT. Neither of which many of us care about at all. We've been asking for a simulation experience for years and years and we are never going to get it with EA Tiburon because they don't understand football at all.
So to answer your question more directly, your stats are supposed to look like that in this game. That's how they WANT them to look. They think the type of football game they create is actually fun, but it's only fun for people who don't really understand the sport. All-Madden difficulty is meant to be a back and forth shootout scoring 75+ combined points every game according to them. As for getting it down to more realistic numbers, you have to find the right mix of game speed and sliders that work for you to make it a more defensive battle. It's a very frustrating and ridiculously long process. Games like MLB the Show are so highly regarded as great simulation-like experiences because of the great gameplay and the fact that there is a dynamic difficulty to show you something different every game. This game had a dynamic difficulty quite a few years ago and it was nice. For some reason they got rid of it and it has been trash ever since.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

That's exactly why I NEVER play on All-Madden. It's not harder, it's just a lot more BS!
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NHL: Florida Panthers
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OP funny you mentioned the fumbles because I was playing the Jets with the Dolphins last night on All-Pro.
24-3 up, been bossing it all game, any turnovers were my fault but then all of a sudden in the final quarter Jay Ajayi fumbled the ball THREE TIMES in a row. I recovered the first two but lost the third. I've never been a believer in a scripted game but that has made me think twice.
Its like the game was going to force a fumble until they got it.
Its the same with field goals and PAT, can always tell its going to get blocked because the kicker or punter takes the ball in slow motion.

I'm off the back of a super bowl win and currently 6-0 on All-Pro so I was going to increase the difficulty but after reading numerous threads like this one I'm thinking twice about it!
Old 11-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychar
OP funny you mentioned the fumbles because I was playing the Jets with the Dolphins last night on All-Pro.
24-3 up, been bossing it all game, any turnovers were my fault but then all of a sudden in the final quarter Jay Ajayi fumbled the ball THREE TIMES in a row. I recovered the first two but lost the third. I've never been a believer in a scripted game but that has made me think twice.
Its like the game was going to force a fumble until they got it.
Its the same with field goals and PAT, can always tell its going to get blocked because the kicker or punter takes the ball in slow motion.

I'm off the back of a super bowl win and currently 6-0 on All-Pro so I was going to increase the difficulty but after reading numerous threads like this one I'm thinking twice about it!
I was in the same position as you a couple years ago with Madden. I was very good on all-pro, usually never making a mistake unless I did something stupid, which is how the game should be, but I didn't like the challenge. Almost all my players were winning yearly awards and I could pretty much plug and play anyone in one position and get the similar success.

On all-madden, I run into so much BS where it honestly makes me feel like I'm playing a scripted game, and here's why. When I first started playing on all-madden, I thought it was me that was the issue, until I just started accepting the BS. Receivers running weird routes, linebackers with the most ridiculous reflexes I've ever seen, batted balls flying 20 yards down field, wide receivers open on drag routes but jumping into stupid catch animations that cause them to drop it. I played a game vs the Broncos this year where I literally could not go the whole game without throwing an interception; I retried atleast 4 times and just could not do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

If your 12-4 with the Dolphins and throwing 50 TD's with that QB and winning all kinds of awards then it's already to easy. Sounds like you need it more difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 03:21 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
The game isn't simulation. Never has been, never will be with these developers. Their sole purpose when creating this game is for arcade-like stats for people who play online or MUT. Neither of which many of us care about at all. We've been asking for a simulation experience for years and years and we are never going to get it with EA Tiburon because they don't understand football at all.
So to answer your question more directly, your stats are supposed to look like that in this game. That's how they WANT them to look. They think the type of football game they create is actually fun, but it's only fun for people who don't really understand the sport. All-Madden difficulty is meant to be a back and forth shootout scoring 75+ combined points every game according to them. As for getting it down to more realistic numbers, you have to find the right mix of game speed and sliders that work for you to make it a more defensive battle. It's a very frustrating and ridiculously long process. Games like MLB the Show are so highly regarded as great simulation-like experiences because of the great gameplay and the fact that there is a dynamic difficulty to show you something different every game. This game had a dynamic difficulty quite a few years ago and it was nice. For some reason they got rid of it and it has been trash ever since.
They don't understand football but they have a FORMER NFL PLAYER in a very important position with power in shaping the game...

come on, dude. smdh

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 11-11-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
They don't understand football but they have a FORMER NFL PLAYER in a very important position with power in shaping the game...

come on, dude. smdh
Probably doesn't have anywhere close to the type of budget they'd need to make real, impactful changes..

I can see it like this:
"Hey boss, here's a list of 157 things we need to add or fix for next year's game."
"Great, cut it down to the top 15 guaranteed deliverables and get to work."
"Ok."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »