Home

Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2016, 02:16 AM   #17
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Joe Thomas gave up how many sacks vs the Ravens? Collins gets what most players get when they change teams which is an awareness decrease
Obviously not updated for the most current game (and I don't know how many sacks JT gave up to the Ravens) but the only place I could find with a "sacks allowed" stat says Joe Thomas only gave up one sack in weeks one through nine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Th...eer_statistics

However, through weeks one through nine, Joe Thomas has lost seven overall points (97->90). Maybe you have some different stats you can provide? Wikipedia is obviously not the most reliable of places but it's the only thing I can find with player-specific sacks allowed, not just team-specific.

I can't see one sack allowed all year warranting a 7 point drop in overall (minus the Ravens game, as I don't know how many sacks he gave up that game, plus his overall from week 9 to week 10 didn't change). If you have any specific numbers for why Joe's been dropped or a more reliable source of sacks/pressures allowed then feel free to post, definitely not claiming Wikipedia as the gold standard.

I also noticed Joe's run blocking has dropped 11 points (93->82), on the NFL website it says the Browns average 4.7 yards per rush (good for 6th in the league) which seems pretty good to me, however they only average 99ypg (22nd) and only have 8 touchdowns (t-14th) so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll admit I don't watch every Browns' game but seeing Joe Thomas suddenly drop from best in the league pass blocking (98) and third best run blocking (92) to having only 91 pass blocking and 82 running blocking (13th best) is odd imo.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 11-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #18
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Obviously not updated for the most current game (and I don't know how many sacks JT gave up to the Ravens) but the only place I could find with a "sacks allowed" stat says Joe Thomas only gave up one sack in weeks one through nine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Th...eer_statistics

However, through weeks one through nine, Joe Thomas has lost seven overall points (97->90). Maybe you have some different stats you can provide? Wikipedia is obviously not the most reliable of places but it's the only thing I can find with player-specific sacks allowed, not just team-specific.

I can't see one sack allowed all year warranting a 7 point drop in overall (minus the Ravens game, as I don't know how many sacks he gave up that game, plus his overall from week 9 to week 10 didn't change). If you have any specific numbers for why Joe's been dropped or a more reliable source of sacks/pressures allowed then feel free to post, definitely not claiming Wikipedia as the gold standard.

I also noticed Joe's run blocking has dropped 11 points (93->82), on the NFL website it says the Browns average 4.7 yards per rush (good for 6th in the league) which seems pretty good to me, however they only average 99ypg (22nd) and only have 8 touchdowns (t-14th) so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll admit I don't watch every Browns' game but seeing Joe Thomas suddenly drop from best in the league pass blocking (98) and third best run blocking (92) to having only 91 pass blocking and 82 running blocking (13th best) is odd imo.
Probably since Tyron Smith's level of play has increased so much this year (somehow gets even better). Smith is the best left tackle in football - don't think anyone would dispute that.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Probably since Tyron Smith's level of play has increased so much this year (somehow gets even better). Smith is the best left tackle in football - don't think anyone would dispute that.
One could make a strong argument for Trent Williams prior to getting hit with a four-game suspension, he was having an awesome year as well. Those two are 1A and 1B, though.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:10 PM   #20
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Kane does the best he can it took me 2 days to get CLE right for play now and CFM diff sets of ratings for each ps3 and that just 1 team i hate when a NFL team cuts a guy then signs the same guy a day later that drives me nuts cough NE BUFF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »