Home

Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games??

This is a discussion on Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games??

No one who's ever played this game more than casually can say they've never experienced this. I'm not saying its hardcoded into the game, but the No F'ing Way game is real. I get that behind the scenes there are a million "dice rolls" going on to determine the result of literally thousands of interactions each game and this should happen occasionally just by the law of averages, but this type of extreme one-sideness you see every half dozen or a dozen games can't be merely coincidence. Maybe if it happens once or twice a blue moon, but I see this constantly in my 32 team user league. You know pretty much from the first drive if you're "screwed". Doesn't mean you can't win, but you'll lose nearly every close call the entire game so you better be nearly perfect to even hang or have a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #26
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't think in MUT, DC, or regular head to head there is any boost to either team. I think a dev did say there is some home field advantage percentage in CFM though. One of those things was a cold weather team playing at a warm weather stadium.

I think they also said some teams have a better home field advantage.

I'm not sure what the % is though.

I do not believe the game picks.

In the league I'm in every year the best players find a way to win and so if the game decided they would lose more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of my gripes is just the behind the scenes stuff. If there is some type of advantage then make it apparent. Eliminate the guessing game from consumers. In NCAA days, you KNEW momentum or home field advantage was against you, because it showed it on the screen. Play art shook and players would act alike they couldn't hear a play in loud stadiums. Once a big INT happen the momentum meter changed.

If everything seems to be going against me, personally I'd believe it was due to opponents momentum more if a bar showed it as opposed to finding out there's some hidden percentage.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
One of my gripes is just the behind the scenes stuff. If there is some type of advantage then make it apparent. Eliminate the guessing game from consumers. In NCAA days, you KNEW momentum or home field advantage was against you, because it showed it on the screen. Play art shook and players would act alike they couldn't hear a play in loud stadiums. Once a big INT happen the momentum meter changed.

If everything seems to be going against me, personally I'd believe it was due to opponents momentum more if a bar showed it as opposed to finding out there's some hidden percentage.
There was certainly no hide and seek stuff, Clint mentioned the above mentioned by Charter at EA Play in a video interview with simfballcritic.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 AM   #28
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There was certainly no hide and seek stuff, Clint mentioned the above mentioned by Charter at EA Play in a video interview with simfballcritic.
And every Madden consumer is supposed have watched that video?

I know things have been said, but when you are in the mist of a game, do you think "Oh Tom Brady just missed his 5th straight slant. It must be due to home field advantage at the Browns stadium"

I'm fine with things happening on the back end, I just want a visual representation as to why players are not performing as expected.

The Player Confidence boost/drop is perfect per player, but I'd like something to gauge a teams momentum in the two minute warning.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #29
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I know things have been said, but when you are in the mist of a game, do you think "Oh Tom Brady just missed his 5th straight slant. It must be due to home field advantage at the Browns stadium"

I'm fine with things happening on the back end, I just want a visual representation as to why players are not performing as expected.

The Player Confidence boost/drop is perfect per player, but I'd like something to gauge a teams momentum in the two minute warning.

I don't think very many are gonna want more on screen graphics. It's already cluttered enough

Old 11-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

No, not everyone is plugged into the internet, but that video was posted on here and other sites, including youtube and other outlets.

There are a myriad of reasons of why a player is not performing. Heck, I think Tverts mentioned the hot/cold streaks might be still in the game, player fatigue might occur, weather conditions, momentum, etc.....

Last edited by roadman; 11-16-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:57 AM   #31
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't think very many are gonna want more on screen graphics. It's already cluttered enough

That is true since the introduction of in-game goals hahaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
That is true since the introduction of in-game goals hahaha

It's so strange to me when I see Sim leagues playing with all those indicators turned on. It would drive me crazy to play with that stuff on.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »