Home

What's the best 3-4 Playbook

This is a discussion on What's the best 3-4 Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What's the best 3-4 Playbook

So I'm a diehard Broncos fan and am looking for a good 3-4 playbook that has lots of man to man coverage and lots of blitzes. Also one that has lost of different fronts especially for nickel formations. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: What's the best 3-4 Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECJ1312
So I'm a diehard Broncos fan and am looking for a good 3-4 playbook that has lots of man to man coverage and lots of blitzes. Also one that has lost of different fronts especially for nickel formations. Any help would be appreciated.
Honestly, the best 3-4 playbook is to create your own playbook.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: What's the best 3-4 Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECJ1312
Denver's book is actually pretty good. You have the major 34 sets and a nice variety of sub packages.

The Over is a good set for LOLB wide blitzes, so you're set there for Miller.

I'd honestly say just to go with Denver.

I think the Bear and Over Ed are nice to have but I tend not to use them nearly as much as I think I will. I might run Bear 2-3 times a game and Over Ed 1-2 times per game. Mostly I run Under and Over, though if I used DEN, I'd run some Even as well.

The sub packages are largely similar in terms of what you can dial up out of them, so I wouldn't fret too much about that. With DEN, you may want to send Ward off the edge or your NB from time to time, but you don't need to get super creative with Miller and Ware, so you don't need a ton of sub packages, imo.

I also like KC's book a lot for 34, for what it's worth. They have good man options and they have the Bear front if that's your cup of tea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »