Home

TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

Man, seeing this post just made me even more excited for my extra-long weekend coming up. For those not familiar, TDawg does some VERY quality work.

One small thing that you can fix (or I can, if you want) regarding the input of Dev...use Data Validation and lock it down to just those values that will actually work. You can even add a drop-down so people can select it rather than typing it in and misspelling or whatever. It would actually even give you an error message if you didn't type it exactly, too.

That's just based on your notes. I'll take a look soon and may throw some suggestions out, too. Between this and OMN's scouting tool, I'm REALLY ready for my big work project to wrap up so I can start putting more time into Madden.

Thanks for your hard work!
Old 11-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #10
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Man, seeing this post just made me even more excited for my extra-long weekend coming up. For those not familiar, TDawg does some VERY quality work.

One small thing that you can fix (or I can, if you want) regarding the input of Dev...use Data Validation and lock it down to just those values that will actually work. You can even add a drop-down so people can select it rather than typing it in and misspelling or whatever. It would actually even give you an error message if you didn't type it exactly, too.

That's just based on your notes. I'll take a look soon and may throw some suggestions out, too. Between this and OMN's scouting tool, I'm REALLY ready for my big work project to wrap up so I can start putting more time into Madden.

Thanks for your hard work!
Was already working on that. Thanks for the input. Anything else is welcome to. I want to tweak some more but I just don't really know what to add. Version 1.1 will be up soon with one other small addition.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Awesome, I was making one of these too for switching within position groups but this is much, much, muchhhhh better!

Can't wait to start using it to see how best to spend end of season XP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Was already working on that. Thanks for the input. Anything else is welcome to. I want to tweak some more but I just don't really know what to add. Version 1.1 will be up soon with one other small addition.
Good to hear. I'll try to take a closer look at this over the weekend and see if I think of anything else. I'm kinda a nerd about all Excel and it's all-around awesomeness.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #13
Rookie

Thanks for the great tool.

Has anyone had any luck saving this to google drive? I think I am doing something wrong.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Thanks for the incredible work you've put in! I am wondering if the player archetype makes a difference as far as the percentage goes? I tried tweaking the percentages to show a correlation, but could not seem to get it to work. I am no expert when it comes to using excel, nor calculating overalls. Any thoughts on percentage tweaks to adjust to archetypes? I am especially focused on DL, OL, and LB.

Thanks again for your awesome contribution!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #15
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax25
Thanks for the incredible work you've put in! I am wondering if the player archetype makes a difference as far as the percentage goes? I tried tweaking the percentages to show a correlation, but could not seem to get it to work. I am no expert when it comes to using excel, nor calculating overalls. Any thoughts on percentage tweaks to adjust to archetypes? I am especially focused on DL, OL, and LB.

With being able to change the percentage you can really skew what player type you prefer. What I have in the file I uploaded is a pretty balanced spread for most positions. But there is no harm in tweaking those percentages to extremes to really get what you're looking for. I'll try to give some examples later today when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax25

As TDawg himself said, this isn't really about finding people that fit a certain type in Madden as much as it is about you finding the players that fit the way you play. For example, I HATE dropped passes in Madden so I can make sure that I have a high weighting on both catching and speed. In the archetypes, that's not a combination that Madden will use (unless I'm remembering one of them wrong). They're both factored in but some put more weight on one than the other. This tool lets me weight them both as my top factors, if I want. Using the percentages, I can say that I want great hands (set at 25% or so) and I'm willing to sacrifice spectacular catches (2%) to get that.

Just remember, this is a tool to help you evaluate your roster and players. You can get a guy with pretty high ratings here that Madden might have rated pretty low. If you use him the way you indicate in the tool, he can still be pretty darn good though.

Now, you can use certain archetypes as a foundation, if you want. Just look at the description in schemes and weight the elements that it mentions higher.

If you can't tell, I already LOVE the tool. Not that I'm surprised but this is awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »